“Excellent House Guest”

Ranked #5 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent House Guest”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The Comfy Guest House has a charming European ambience. Clean, tidy, safe and quiet. i live in Toronto and stayed ton the recommedation of friends. Wondeful place to retreat to do some writing. Great area of the city. The manger was helpful, patient ( I lost my room key which I found) and accomodating. I live in Toronto, not far from the Confy Guest House and plan to return when I need a quiet place to work,

Room Tip: I choose a room with a bath, Very affordable,
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank KathleenmarylW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was a new Canadian immigrant and when I landed I moved to comfy at Gerrard street. The house was very neat and clean and the atmosphere was so good that i felt like at home. The guest house was situated in downtown and near all central locations to visit while one is in Toronto. I stayed there for a complete month and made a lot of good freinds. The owner was so kind and friendly. My room was equipped with Flatscreen TV and all other necesssities. I really enjoyed my stay there and next time whenever i will visit Toronto, Comfy will be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Zahid_Hanif_Tiwana
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Reasonably priced, clean, close to everything, comfortable stay, the manager Mr. Tahir is very caring, its home away from home, have stayed there several times, I will recommend to anyone. I dont even look for another place to stay everytime I visit the city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank D V
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed at the Comfy Guest House with my girlfriend recently and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was our second time staying at the hotel and we were able to book the luxury suite this time. It was a very spacious, inviting room with a comfortable bed and beautiful outdoor balcony. In addition, it's super close to tons of fun spots on Toronto and to public transportation if you want to travel a little farther. Also, it came at an extremely reasonable price. The owner of the hotel is very generous, kind, and willing to accomodate all of your needs. We definitely recommend this place if you're in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Meghan K
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

In total, it was a very nice stay for us. Much of our experience was as we had expected. The rooms were like new, clean, comfortable, private and quiet. The B&B was just a few minutes walking distance to Young St. & Eaton center.
The location was also great safe & in the downtown area.
Mr. Tahir was an outstanding host. He was accommodating, knowledgeable, very helpful. During our stay, we had met other interesting couples. This amounted to a very educational and interesting part of our Toronto visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nathan T
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Comfy Guest House four times over the past couple of years & feel it is time I wrote a review. I had to travel to Toronto to have major surgery at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital and needed a place to stay while I recuperated from my surgeries. The location was perfect for me - just a 15 minute walk to Mount Sinai Hospital, and one day I even walked about 30 minutes to the downtown area. I've always stayed in the same room - Room #6 as this room is right off the kitchen on the second floor, not too far for me to walk to after having surgery & was perfect for me to make small, simple meals for myself. The kitchen is very well equipped with everything one might want. The room had a nice view of downtown Toronto and the bed was so very comfy - one of the most comfortable I have slept on in any hotel. I chose a room without an ensuite bathroom to save money and had no problem walking just a few steps to a shared bathroom. The times I stayed there on my own, I felt safe, but always made sure to return to the guest house before it got dark. There was a No Frills store, drug store & excellent restaurants very close by. Tahir, the owner, was very helpful & attentive to all my needs, & was always very nice to deal with. He has a lot of returning guests, so that says a lot about staying there. For the value and price I don't really think one can find a better place in downtown Toronto than the Comfy Guest House. I'm so glad I discovered the Comfy Guest House. Thank you Tahir for everything! If I have to go back to Toronto in the future I will definitely stay there again. - Dixie from Alberta

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank SaskatchewanWoman
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed in Comfy Guste House with my husband and we had a very nice sojourn: convenient location close to amenities, easy access to public transportation,Tahir, the manager, is a very friendly host; the guest house has a fully equipped kitchen area, is clean, the suite I was staying in is spacious, you had the feeling of being home.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple