“Call it a shuttle, not a tour”

Niagara Falls Day Tour
Ranked #14 of 123 Tours in Toronto
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Call it a shuttle, not a tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This comment relates to the Niagara Falls Day Tour by niagaratorontotours

The Niagara Falls themselves are for sure not to be missed.
If you want the convenience of a mini bus picking you up at your hotel in Toronto (but be ready to be dropped a block away because it is more convenient for the driver, who cares if it is for you....), then go for niagaratorontotours. For the rest, I unfortunately cannot recommend them.

After booking on their website, you are requested to call back on the day before to be given the exact pick-up time. Which I did. On the phone, I was asked how I wanted to pay ; since my answer was 'credit card', I had to give the details to be charged. Good.
The day after, when picked up by the driver, without any prior notice, I was told I had to pay cash. No explanation other than "I'm sorry, I'm not the manager, I do not decide, you have to pay cash". We were a party of 3, and that's how your Niagara day starts by looking after enough cash to pay for all of us. Not exactly how I imagine the 21st century in Ontario.

The "guided tour" is limited to driving you to the Falls (Maid of the Mist included).
The other stops were :
- flower clock : interest close to zero
- Niagara-on-the-Lake : lovely, but 30 minutes only
- winery : you won't visit anything but the shop - the free tasting is limited to two not-even-1-oz-glasses of classical red and white wines (without changing the glass between both... ) ; if you expected to taste the famous ice wine so specific to this region, additional $$ are needed.

No stop nor comment from the so called guide about the other landmarks mentionned on the website : Queenston Heights Broke monument, Hydro powers stations, Whirlpool rapids & Niagara gorge... all as if they were non existing

Sorry, this is not only below expectation, this is just not what you sell.

7 Thank Pippononlosa

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“"Great attraction, Poor tour guide"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Niagara Falls was amazing, Niagara-on-the-lake was beautiful and the trip,to Pilletteri winery was good if you like sampling wine at 10.00am. Our tour guide Michael was poor. He was rude, over-bearing and an unsafe driver. He was taking telephone calls and writing messages while driving. He was having very loud arguments with colleagues on the phone. He continually honked his horn at people and traffic and thought he was being funny. To top off the trip he dropped paying customers off blocks away from their hotels so he could make his game of softball on time.

10 Thank Lynfromaus
Lancaster, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our tour guide Lori was outstanding her knowledge of the area was very good. my wife and I learned a lot about the falls that you just don't think about. I would tell anyone who goes to Niagara falls to take the tour its worth the time. Our tour guide made the day from crossing the border, to getting our tickets for the maid of the mist, and the cave of the winds, both are must see when your at Niagara falls. would I do the tour again in a heartbeat. Thanks for amazing time.

1 Thank Nancy P
Scotland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“brilliant day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

our guide Michael was brilliant, He was knowledgable and funny and made the day fab. He is a city driver and so we always felt safe, we arrived everywhere on time and had enough time to explore but Michael had made it clear what time we had to be back so we kept on schedule. (it is a day trip, after all). Wine tasting, Niagara on the lake, maid of the mist, Floral clock. Fantastic day with a great company,

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Hellcats
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great tour, great tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Niagara falls is an experience not to be missed. You can't fully comprehend the power of the falls until you are standing on that boat in front of the horseshoe falls, amazing!

We had the services of a great tour guide, Michael, who was friendly, informative and funny. My husband and I also arranged through him to fly over the falls in a helicopter which is a once in a lifetime experience with outstanding views. He picked us up after our boat ride, took us to the helicopter company, made sure we got a discount, waited for us afterwards and then dropped us handily at the top of the falls where we could walk back down admiring the views.

The tour also includes a wine tasting and a trip to Niagra on the Lake which is a very pretty town.

All in all, a great day out, and I would definitely recommend the company and trip to anyone.

Visited July 2013