“Exceeded expectations”

Niagara & Toronto Tours
Ranked #27 of 148 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned & operated since 1978. We are the ORIGINAL NIAGARA FALLS DAY TOUR...often duplicated; yet to be replicated! Your Day tour with us will include; *depart downtown Toronto 8am-8:30am *Safe & Reliable round trip transportation *entertaining & educating commentary *winery visit with wine tasting included *visit historic town of Niagara on the Lake *scenic drive along Niagara Parkway *guided photo stops @ Niagara Gorge & Whirlpool rapids *WORLD FAMOUS HORNBLOWER BOAT CRUISE *3 hours free time @ The Falls for; lunch, photos, casino, souvenirs *return back to downtown Toronto 6pm Always Safe & Always Fun! We provide MAXIMUM VALUE for both your hard earned time & money! We hope to see you on board with us very soon!
Reviewed September 27, 2012

You must see Niagara Falls. We could see the mist from the falls from 10 minutes away. The Falls themselves are overwhelming. Photos don't show the size of the falls or the impact of all that water flowing down & hitting the river below. Make sure you see the Falls from the Canada side, so much better.

7  Thank Jocelyn C
"horseshoe falls"
in 9 reviews
"guide driver"
in 5 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 7 reviews
in 12 reviews
"sheraton hotel"
"getting wet"

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

First trip to Toronto and wanted to see niagara falls. Decided on a day trip with a tour company. Driver was Michael. He was great. On time and new how to drive in Toronto appreciated his speediness and assertive driving. Younger guy with a good sense of humor kept us giggling the whole day. Stopped at a winery which was pleasant. Then stopped at niagara on the lake for some free time. Beautiful community very lovely. Then on to the whirlpool view for photos. Next stop the falls where Michael escorted us to the maid of the mist. Great view of the beautiful falls but be prepared to get wet. A lot of fun. Free time for a couple hours to explore everything else in niagara falls enough time to eat and take in a few other things. Then a drive back to Toronto. Overall a great stress free way to see the falls and not have to worry about driving and maps etc. thanks Michael for a great fun day.

1  Thank graywolfpack
Reviewed September 7, 2012

In response to the review below, total farce!
I was on the bus that day and Michael could not have been in a better mood, and why shouldn't he have been, he just became an uncle! One man's take on jubilation has been distorted and made to look unappealing. Everyone else aside from this man enjoyed their day from start to finish, including my wife and I. I found this tour on tripadvisor and Im gIad I did! Entertaining, punctual and safe!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Every negative review about Michael matches our experience on August 27th.

The bus was filthy, including the windows and window tracks. It was stuffy and smelly too. I was already considering jumping off and cutting our losses by the time we picked up the next passenger. For us, it was nice that he was on time, but I felt bad for others we were picking up early. They all managed to be ready spur of the moment, but how awkward if they hadn't been; and yet it wouldn't have been their fault. When we picked up the next guy and he asked Michael for some air conditioning, Michael said it makes him sneeze in the morning and that once we get on the open road it will be nicer. He kept saying to open the windows, but there were mostly international tourists aboard and they didn't seem to comprehend. Those are tiny little windows, way up high anyway, and too grungy to touch. Yuck. Some of us were doing our best to not barf.

It was scary and embarrassing being a passenger on a bus where the driver was so aggressive, immature and rude. Plus, the shocks are past due to be replaced. Michael loves to honk the horn for all kinds of reasons, not just for aggression. His horn honking demonstrations were way over the top inappropriate and obnoxious. I think we got a bonus round that day too, because his sister had just made him an uncle with the arrival of a new baby. He kept chanting, "I'm an uncle, I'm and uncle, I'm an uncle while honking the horn some more. His passengers were not 12 year olds or a bunch of drunk college kids; we were mostly middle aged, with the exception of two young children. His jokes were also very inappropriate; some having to do with sexual innuendo and others having to do with rivalries between cities (to put it gently).

There is a black metal rod/bar as you are boarding the bus, that is for operating the door. Halfway through the tour we got a lecture/warning about NOT TOUCHING THE BLACK BAR, or the tour would come to a halt with no refunds. The beginning of the lecture started with, "I'm going to have to be anal about something.." If it's so fragile, then point that out in the beginning and put up a sign as big as the one saying you expect a tip. In fact, since you give a big speech about expecting a tip, maybe replace that sign with a warning about the black bar.

The stop at the winery was so-so. The people were nice. The wine was okay. The produce was appealing. When we arrived, Michael told us it was very important that we all walk in at the same time. I'm not sure what that was about, unless he was afraid someone would try to skip paying him. It was then that he told us he preferred cash. I didn't have enough cash, so he told me I could pay in American dollars. Again, you should have told me that when I booked. I was surprised by the additional $18 I was charged on my credit card at the time of the transaction too.

The stop in Niagara on the Lake was okay. It's pretty, pricey and too touristy for my taste. As we were about to be dropped off, Michael told us some story about the crazy shuttle system there and that we would want to avoid it at all costs. He advised us that the way to not get caught in it was to all be ready to be off the bus within 30 seconds, or the meter maid would come. Huh? I'm not making this stuff up. He told us to be on the lookout when he came back to get us so that we could do the same for getting back on the bus. I still don't know what he was talking about.

The time spent at The Falls was wonderful. We couldn't help but notice (with envy) all the newer, cleaner buses the other tourists had taken.

I tipped Michael $20 because I had budgeted for it; not because he deserved any tip at all. I have traveled in third world countries, and I have never been more excited to get off of a bus as I was when we got back to our hotel.

10  Thank mjeffredo