“Great Wings, Good Service”

Duff's Famous Wings
Ranked #769 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We recently stopped at Duff's for a quick lunch, and had the mild wings. Found them perfect! Had just enough snap to them to be enjoyable, but not too hot. When the mild has a snap to it, I can't imagine what their Diabolical are like!!
The waitress was efficient and pleasant, and the service was quick. It's a casual sports bar atmosphere. I would definitely go there again for the wings.

There are newer reviews for Duff's Famous Wings

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My partner and I were looking forward to trying some buffalo wings during our trip so we gave Duff's a go.

The restaurant is more of a sports bar than a restaurant but that didn't bother us. We went for the 20 wings and pitcher of beer deal and I picked up some sweet potato fries. Between the two of us it was actually quite a lot of food. The wings were much bigger than I was expecting and with the giant portion of fries I got full pretty quickly.

I went for the mild sauce and my partner went for medium (after hearing that the heat is a little on the high side) and I actually found mine disappointing and lacking in taste or heat. In hindsight I should have tried one of the bbq sauces instead. So on that basis I really want to give 3.5 rather than 3.

The wings themselves were okay, meaty but didn't blow me away.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I will only allow myself the guilty pleasure of chicken wings on a rare occasion - so I want to be able to make the experience "count" !

Having just "discovered" Duffs on College street I recently made a point of visiting for wings only : I chose the hot honey garlic variety and blue cheese dipping sauce . The menu options for wing sauce warn you that regular is already "hot" so be prepared if you order the "angry" or "armagheddon" varieties ! For the celery sticks you have 2 choices : blue cheese or dill.

The space is a ho-hum sports bar/ pub with very nice wait staff - requisite number of TVs etc.. No complaints there. Menu offers a variety of "the usual" choices with several options of combining and "upgrading" ( to sweet potato fries etc) and adding sides etc. which appears to be well thought out.

I was here for the wings. They arrived - about 10 pieces - drums as well as flats - with a bowl of beautiful no-fuss crunchy squeaky fresh celery sticks and the blue cheese dip. Plenty of napkins and wet-naps and a "bucket" to dispose of the bones and profuse napkin waste ! Nice touch.

The napkins turn out to be much needed as the amount of sauce - as usual - is excessive. The wings are large - and thus remain juicy- but they are seriously deep fried - they are actually "hard" rather than crisp. I don't know if this makes sense but they are actually also under seasoned...............all you taste is the sauce which has neither notes of honey nor garlic . It is just syrupy sweet.

The dipping sauce had identifiable chunks of blue cheese in it - yet it had no taste of blue cheese. I reckon there is a base sauce of the ranch or buttermilk variety and then cheese or dill is added last minute as per the order. No opportunity for the flavour to get infused.

I have to rate this as yet another disappointing wing experience. I have had better in any number of modest pubs.

Still looking for that slow roasted wing finished on the BBQ with a homemade basting sauce..........

Wings, glass of wine and a Perrier came to 27$ - tax and tip included.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by looking for a good wing place for our family of five to eat. The service and atmosphere were great. Tuesday night is wing night and we lucked out that we stopped by on this night. The wings and dipping sauces were great. The kids were not big fans though as the wing sauce that we had were too hot or not flavorful enough. Would like to try again so we can try some different sauces.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This restaurant serves some of the best chicken wings I have ever had. No fakes here; the wings are prepared in the true Buffalo style of being deep fried and then shaken in a sauce of hot sauce and butter. The wings are large, juicy and succulent and available with a wide range of sauces and heat. Not sure about the other offerings on the menu as I have only had the wings on my numerous visits to this restaurant.