“Bennies are delicious but...”
Review of Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade
Ranked #149 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Waited for about 10 minutes to try the "amazing" bennies I had the bacon cheddar with mango salsa and although really good afterward I felt sick to my stomach. Not sure if it was the sauce or a combination of the eggs and mango salsa but it was not a good feeling and I have a stomach made of steel. Service was great as the wait staff are very friendly And helpful but I will not be rushing back there. A bit of a disappointment as I was really excited to try this restaurant.

1  Thank TorontoMoi81

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been to this place several times and it's always been a great brunch place. Weekends are definitely busier with a line usually forming around 1030ish. A half hour wait is usually expected if you see the line outside. Weekdays are really nice as there is no line and the menu is exactly the same. I'm a huge fan of their eggs bennies - Brie, Avocado and Bacon, or the cheddar, bacon and mango salsa are absolutely fantastic choices. Aside from the eggs, their fresh fruit parfait was also exquisitely prepared. Really can't go wrong with the food in this place.

Service is quite fast once you're seated and always incredibly friendly. Their juices are fresh and from what my friends say their coffees are on point. Everything you need to get your day going right? Great service, food and drinks. What more could you want? Oh ... no line... right come on a weekday then!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Benny's are king at Lady Marmalade. that's all I ever get. I tell myself one day I'll order the huevos rancheritos, but I always opt for the brie and avocado benny! my friend get the rancheritos and she raves and my gf gets the cheddar & spinach waffles. everything on the menu is great. the interior is the cutest from the mismatched tables and chairs to the eclectic salt and pepper shakers. this is where you should be brunching.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in Toronto for a play and before leaving the next morning wanted a different breakfast experience. What a surprise, you could have been in your mom's 1960 kitchen. Nothing fancy inside, but just a nice comfy feel. Good service and not rushed. The food was delicious. We had the crepe croque monsieur, 2 eggs standard with side of bacon, and baked french toast. Cost was $40 included coffees for 3. We all commented how good everything tasted. This was one of the better places for brunch we've been to lately. The recommendations from tripadvisor reviews were not wrong. You will not be disappointed. We didn't have to wait but we were there on a Thursday. I could see it would be busy on weekends.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My new favorite place for breakfast.... too bad it is so far away. Some of the best cooking I have had in a while. Yummy Latin fusion. Well done folks!