“Now i understand why there's a line from here to China”
Review of Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade
Ranked #191 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East End
Jamaica
“Now i understand why there's a line from here to China”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well well well, now I understand. I've been driving past Lady Marmalade since October slowing down as I near to see if there's a line short enough to not mind waiting in. Well my aunt and I finally drove by early enough on a week day (11:30) and to my amazement there wasn't a line up.

When I tell you the menu is difficult, that's because it's difficult to decide what to order because each and every item sounds mouthwatering. We decided on two dishes to share so that we could have 2 samples of the menu. A grilled salmon sandwich with a slice of ripe avocado and some form of mango (i think it was stewed) was to absolutely die for. The perfect choice of bread to hold the contents together and not stand out too much as "hi, i'm the bread". Then we chose the thai cabbage salad. Absolutely mouth watering divine with a touch of fresh cilantro to bring out a hidden gem of flavours.

Well worth the wait and can't wait to come back. If I can't get in at 11:30 the next time around i'll know it's because I went on tripadvisor and told the world

• Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Yummy but get there early”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place gets packed early in weekends so get there before 9! I had the parfait, the huevos rancheros, the waffles and the pudding style French toast (over the course of two visits!) and everything was really good. I are do wish I ate wheat again, as this is the reason I haven't been back since.

1 Thank beautifultree12
Calgary, Canada
“the 30 minute line was worth it”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Visiting Toronto for the week. Had the eggs benny, coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice and a soda water. Perfection. I also got an extra side of sausage, yum. and I had soup, and I ate my friends salad. (I swear I'm only 130lbs). I just couldnt stop knowing I couldnt come back for a while. It was totally worth it, good value, good food. The only thing I didnt like was the mango chutney something on my benedict. sounded like a good idea, but the redpepper had that 2 day old taste to it, kind of put me off. Scrapped it off and tarried on. But they have 10 or 15 (perhaps slight exageration...) different bennys to choose from so no big deal.

Awesome. Get there before you are hangry, everyone knows about it. there will be a line.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Reminds me of my kitchen as young child”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The old mishmash 1950's style tables reminds me of my childhood. Lots of room between tables and the food is excellent. Considering that they only take cash you would think the prices would be
a little cheaper but the caching! seemed a tad much. But as I said the food and the very odd menu
were very good, and the place does not seat a lot so there it feels nice and roomy. Very bright and Cheery. Well worth checking out.

• Visited November 2012
Lima, Peru
“Mexican inspired and child friendly brunch”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was my first time at Lady Marmalade. It was great for my having brunch with my one-year old because there were several young families, toys and books to play with and no one seemed to mind the noise kids make.
Food was really good. I like the little spicy flavour the Mexican inspired plates have.
Price was reasonable.