“Awesome Breakfast”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I discovered the Daybreak diner several years ago as the hotel that we were staying at was just around the corner. Since then we have made it a habit to eat our breakfast there whenever we are visiting Toronto. Located across the street from the old Maple Leaf Gardens it is ideally located for exploring downtown TO. The breakfast menu has a large selection of favorites from eggs benedict to pancakes. The portions are very generous and the quality is outstanding. That coupled with really reasonable prices and outgoing friendly wait staff make this a great pick for breakfast.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel I was stopping in offered a pricey (european) continental style breakfast - cereal, museli, etc.Fortunately, I had been to Toronto a few times previously and knew about this little gem on the junction of Church/Carlton.
Cheap and cheerful array of cooked breakfasts in a friendly environment - it actually made me want to get up and out of bed early!
Friendly staff, large portions, light on the wallet and with complimentary wi-fi.... What's not to like?

1  Thank NeilOxley
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Finally, dropped by for breakfast, and my only regret is why I hadn't earlier. We had eggs benedict with fresh salad as well, smoked salmon served with fluffy pancakes, and hashbrown. Both were excellent. Service was pleasant and prompt. Would visit again for sure!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our hotel did not have a complimentary breakfast so we took a walk around the corner and ran into this place.... We were glad we did... Served a nice large breakfast that was well prepared at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After the same old hotel offerings and airport breakfasts, this was such a nice change! Our food was absolutely excellent and we wish we could have visited again...this will definitely be on our list of stops next time!