“Excellent for a date!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marinella

Marinella
Ranked #181 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent for a date!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very good service!! a very lovely place and very beautiful indoor atmoshephere. they also have the patio. i loved the pizza and the penne was good also. it is reasonably priced for this area but drinks are pricey. but this is a place to come for a date or a very special occasion..not so much to get full to be honest ( portions are not the biggest). i believe this is family owned since the gentlemen taking our order told us that his mother would be cooking for us tonight. ( hope not mistaken). the house wine was good.

• Visited July 2013

Oakville, Canada
“Best experience so far - wonderful home made flavour”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have been at this restaurant twice with my wife and we love it. The staff is very very nice, the atmosphere is excellent, and it is the best Italian food we have had. We had such a wonderful experience both times, not only the food but the combination of everything made it really great. We went without a reservation both times and the staff was very accommodating, and talked about the wait but offered really good appetizers. We will keep going back.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Little Italy at its Best”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been here with friends twice this month (June). The decor is extremely comfortable and invites you to relax and enjoy the dining experience. The family greet and cook so it really is like being at "Mommas" for a meal. I felt like I was part of the family.

Soups, salads, pastas are all exquisite and deeply satisfying. Nice desserts finish the meal and aid digestion. I have truly enjoyed myself both visits. We all look forward to a return adventure.

Give this place a try and leave satisfied with a smile on your face. Momma's rolls are to die for!!!

Visited June 2013
london
“Top notch Italian”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A lot of choice in Little Italy, and I from the outside not a lot to distinguish the place. The menu visible from the street really doesn't convey how special this place is. On entry it's clear that someone has put a lot of attention into the decor and feel of the place, refined atmosphere, not too bright but not dingy, open kitchen down the far end of a long dining room.

It's a family place, one of the brothers talks me through the menu describing the home made pastas and "mamma's" recipes for the sauces. That enthusiasm is missing from the printed page outside ...

I had a small sampler of ham and cheese - made in house it appears - and they are as good as anything I can remember, both ham and cheese: I'd go back for even had the main been less good. But I was really pleased with my Gnocci and chicken in a creamy sauce. And there were so many other items I wanted to try. So I'll just have to go back.

Great place for a quiet meal with friends, or as a couple, and also most enjoyable by myself. If I had the kids along I might go across the road to the rather more boisterous Vivoli, but I'm sure they'd enjoy the food here.

While not cheap, the prices are in line with the other restaurants in the vicinity, I'd prefer to come here infrequently expecting to pay $40-$50 dollars a head and enjoy the range of lovely foods, rather than be counting the pennies.

• Visited May 2013
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Exceptional home made sauces and pasta!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

From the moment we were welcomed by John (one of the owners), we felt like part of the family. He proudly told us that his mother (she came out to say hi) and brother do ALL the cooking of hand-made pastas using the freshest ingredients and high quality fish, house cured meats and breads. They even make their own the mascarpone-ooh---but I am getting ahead of myself! The seafood marinella appetizer was flavorful, fresh and about the best sauce I've ever had. They really care about the quality, service and customers. Our waiter, Marco made recommendations and was especially helpful. We ordered the Tiramisu with homemade mascarpone. This delicious meal made the evening truly special!

• Visited May 2013