“marvelous”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Quality Indian food in a relaxed and intimate setting. The knowledgeable staff will help you choose from their variety of creative dishes.
“marvelous”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

recommended by friend i visited 259host on Wednesday night with rest of my friends. we got a nice round table from where we could see the kitchen. its amazing to see your food is being made in-front of you. we all go to different restaurants for good food and go back to the place when get a marvelous service. we ordered the food according to our waitress Roy recommendation. sea bass, rack of lamb, chicken tikka masala so good. food is so good. we are not a dessert people but Roy explained how sweet plays a important role after meals. so we had amazing chocolate gulab jamun with rabri. so much creativity about this place. special thanks to the manager for arranging parking for us. definately coming back for lunch thali.

Dallas, Texas
“Best Indian food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

259 Host was a great find! The concierge in the Club Lounge at our hotel (Ritz Carlton) recommended it when we mentioned loving Indian food. The restaurant is boutique small and lovely. No gaudy decor, just sleek, elegant furnishings which are warm and welcoming.
Ameer, our waitperson, was helpful and offered just the right amount of attention.
The wine I ordered was unavailable, so Ameer offered me a better class of wine for the same price as the unavailable wine; it was delicious. The food was outstanding! There is an appetizer which is delivered to get you started- chutney and delicately baked cracker type cones. My husband wanted lamb vindaloo, which wasn't on the menu, but they made it for him-,killer! I ordered chicken xacuti, which I loved so much I ordered it again one night later.
This restaurant is THE place to eat great food and enjoy great service in a beautiful space.

• Visited May 2013
“outstanding experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am not a person who writes lots of reviews but I have to write about 259Host as I experienced an outstanding time over there on Tuesday lunch. the waitress saved me from an embarrassing situation in front of my guest. Outstanding service and obviously food is always good. keep it up.

New York City, New York
“Best Indian place I have been to.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place came highly recommended from a colleague. So we decided to drop in for lunch.
The staff excited with the restaurants new THALI menu (exclusively for lunch), persuaded us to try one. I ordered the seafood option. Entire meal with selection of various dishes came in a big platter. The food was super fresh and tasty. Servings were very generous. We saw the next table enjoying a variety of mini meals. Everything was delicious and good value. I will definitely be going back, I'm so glad to have found a decent Indian restaurant!

Toronto, Canada
“This is an excellent restaurant for great food and stellar service!!! Its never a disappointment!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My sister and I have been going to this restaurant for nearly 5 years now and I have never had a less than excellent experience. Apart from the food being completely delicious and unique (you cannot get things like a chocolate filled gulab jamune, pan kulfi or Indian inspired cheese and paneer croquettes any where else in the city), the courtesy of Amir and the staff are top notch. The ambience is warm and inviting. They truly earn the right to be a customer's first choice with consistent great food, ambiance and service. I love this resturant and have taken friends, visitors and family to this restaurant and they as well have always been impressed with the outstanding cuisine and courtesy of the staff. It truly is an Indian experience that embodies the very best of Indian hospitality. I highly recommend this restaurant and hope to continue dining there for many many more years to come.

MB.