“Excellent food and excellent service”
Review of 259 Host

259 Host
Ranked #219 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Quality Indian food in a relaxed and intimate setting. The knowledgeable staff will help you choose from their variety of creative dishes.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food is not the only reason why people go back to a restaurant ,it is the courtesy and service that the staff extend that makes one want to visit and revisit a restaurant. I have been to this restaurant time and again only because I feel like a VIP,besides enjoying the delicious food, which is made to your taste. I want to make a particular mention of Amir who is the manager, but didn't hesitate to go to the kitchen and make a dish specifically to our liking. I always eat here every time I visit Toronto . Highly recommended and you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for 259 Host

Reviewed March 10, 2013

259 Host is one of the best fine dining Indian restaurants that i have been to in Toronto. I have been there a number of times with my family and i have always received exceptional service from the staff. Amir and Rohan are always very courteous and they make you feel very welcome which makes your dining experience even more pleasurable . Apart from the service, the quality of food and the ambiance is excellent. Worth every dollar.

1  Thank Raychelle P
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I shared a meal with my 90 year old mom at this restaurant last year (was January 2012 but could not select that date below), and had meant to write a review afterwards, but it wasn't until I attended Winterlicious 2013 in Toronto this year that I recalled this experience. The menu was varied enough that we both found food we liked, and the staff were very attentive. I loved the atmosphere and decoration of the restaurant, but found the tables a little too close together to be able to talk closely with my mom. But other than this minor item, I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We participated Winterlicious 2013, not all the plates in menu are good but there are some plates that awesome too. (depend on your taste) However, the service is not really that good.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Next to Vij's in Vancouver and Mango Shiva in Calgary, this is one of our favourite Indian restaurants, and by far favourite in the Toronto core. My only complaint would be the location (within the Marriot Hotel, split on 3 levels). I wish they would move into a larger space on a single level, and in a neighbourhood with other restaurants. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE this place!