“Best pub we've found in Toronto”

The Queen and Beaver Public House
Ranked #72 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A charming Gastropub offering scratch-made and authentic British cuisine and a curated selection of Draught Beers, Cask Ales, and Wine and Spirits in the heart of Downtown Toronto. Perfect for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner we also offer our beautiful upstairs Den for a more relaxed and convivial setting for drinks and socializing. In the warmer months, we have two outdoor licensed seating areas included a wonderful rooftop Terrace. We hope to see you sooon!
Toronto, Canada
“Best pub we've found in Toronto”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Two Brits living in Toronto, naturally we want a good pub! This is the one we like the most so far. The first time I went, I sat upstairs with my boyfriend and we ordered from the menu. Food was really good homemade food. The atmosphere upstairs is like a living room full of friends - really nice and cosy and relaxed.
I then took my work team here for our Christmas dinner. Won a lot of brownie points, and some of my colleagues haven't stopped talking about what a great venue it was for the occassion. I pre-prdered the beef and pork roast for 14 of us. It was brought out family style on two huge platters. The roast beef was perfectly cooked, and it was great to introduce yorkshire puddings to my US and Candian colleagues.
The only things that dissapoint me about this place are:
- The scotch eggs are cold. This is a 'gastropub' so to speak. It would be great to have these cooked fresh.
- The chips are fries! Please can someone serve chips in Toronto!

3 Thank TravellingBallerina

Toronto, Canada
“Lovely gastro pub in an area very public indeed”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

A great location a few blocks away from Yonge Street and big city shopping at the Eaton Centre, this classy pub pays homage to the wonderful upper end pubs in London that are rich in quality food and brew but devoid of the more colourful action some pubs can see each night. So you go to this place to eat, drink and socialize - not to get tough-guy with a stranger over a football match dispute. There are two levels, both a little cozy and with a variety of tables an chairs (I was stuck with a low, hard wooden one) and each with its own small bar. I had rump of lamb with root vegetable hash and smoked onion jus. Very tasty and perfectly done but the portion was a little on the small side for $26. I'd also skip the pork scratching's appetizer though as you'd be nibbling on one for twenty minutes or so before attempting to swallow it or spit it out. It's like chewing on a leather show lace left to harden after getting wet. But these are minor points as I'd go again to the Queen and Beaver.

Woodstock, Canada
“Wow”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Mom and I ate here tonight only because the Italian restaurant we chose was closed and the Queen and Beaver was right next door - and open. We shared the Beef Wellington - it was delicious. Better yet, mom discovered Tawny Port!

Visited December 2013
Iroquois, Canada
“Too complicated for a pub”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I joined a group of friends at this pub recently. We elected to go for pub food rather than one of the more sophisticated spots on Elm Street. We did so with simplicity and cost in mind. While we were seated quite promptly , which was pleasant, because there were 8 of us, and the service was exceptional, I was disappointed with this choice. The food selection is complex and in my opinion overly complicated for pure pub dining and pricier than anticipated.
To accommodate our group my chair was directly in front of the bar and every time someone came or went from behind me I had to stand or adjust my chair. This was fine until we were served dinner and then I found it tremendously uncomfortable.
I probably won't return but if I do it will just be for a drink.

Toronto, Canada
“Great place for a drink”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have visited The Queen and Beaver a few times. Each time we've enjoyed a very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. The drinks here are great, on the line of a traditional pub. Service is good, attentive and friendly.

• Visited November 2013