“Very affordable and yummy.”
Review of Sushi Queen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just went for a quick bite and was starving. Ordered the Spadina bento box in salmon. Delish. Comes with miso soup and ends with green tea ice cream. Had the house tea which was refreshing. Service with a smile and prompt service.

Bathrooms was a tad unkempt. Paper everywhere and cleaning products were visible. And it was not busy, so someone could have spruced it up.

Other than that a great place to grab a bite or bring a party of six.

Will go back.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten here dozens of time, Sushi Queen has become the go-to for sushi cravings. The interior is nice, staff is friendly. Best Miso soup! Always pleased with our order, both taste and presentation. Great sushi spot!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have eaten here while in Toronto 3 times now and it is very reliable. The service for a sushi place is excellent. The delivery and presentation are excellent. Food is yummy and there is ample variety. The price is great for fresh sushi.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Theres 2 things on Queen W that if you want a vast selection you come here: sushi and tattoos. I love both but prefer quality over quantity! Heard ok things of this place over the years so...Came in a pinch for lunch alone. Hadn't even gotten my butt into the chair and was asked if I was ready to order. Ordered tuna avocado salad for app- was actually a bit taken aback when it arrived. Be warned- it looks NOTHING like the pretty little tower on the menu. It was a sloppy pile of stale tuna chunks atop a sloppy pile of avocado chunks. The amount of [--] the cook gave in preparing it: ZERO!also it arrived about 4.5 mins after I ordered it do shoulda seem that coming. The wasabi blob was dry and took effort to dissolve into the soy. Had the spicy tuna dragon for main, it wasn't awful but again fish was stale and bland even though it had a spicy sauce on it (!?). My empty dishes sat in front of me for a good 10 mins and I sat for another few mins before asking for my bill.
Again, sushi joints are like tattoo shops- there are quality shops with true artists, and there are back-alley types that offer the quick n cheap.
You get what you pay for from both places! I'll never go back.

1  Thank LeRue77
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Came right before close and the staff didn't make an effort to please. Food was bad and the server seemed resigned for the night and virtually threw our dishes at us (we had to catch the miso from spilling off the tray). Not recommended.

1  Thank Christian R