“I'll Be Back!”

Melanie's Bistro
Ranked #883 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Italian, French, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East York
Toronto, Canada
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my first time here. Came with friends. Unpretentious yet solid. Great food and service. The owner was onsite and spent some time with us. The food has a gourmet feel without the gourmet price. The portions were a tad small but the flavour was there. Great place for a special night out.

• Visited January 2014

“Great food, great services, great pricing”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place is worth the visit. Its not much to look at, but a very nice vibe. First the owner is always there and working the room; welcoming guests, saying hi, delivering food, etc. The wait staff is always good and honest in what they do. The food is simple and delicious. The burger is phenomenal, along with the French Toast. This is a regular spot for my family and the prices are great.

• Visited November 2013
“A gem in the danforth”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary on a whim. We live in the area and always walk by this small bistro with the pretty lights, so we decided to try it. Well, we are happy to say it was a great decision. We had a wonderful young woman serve us, who was very polite. Beau's beer, and the Cave spring's wine was delicious. We started with the seafood spread with crackers - delicious. For our main course we had herb crusted steak and lobster mac and cheese. I can say without a doubt this was the best steak I have ever tasted. It was cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth - not to mention how delicious the lobster mac & cheese was! We had cappuccinos and the AMAZING pecan caramel cheesecake for dessert... Best cheesecake around. Melanie herself came to talk with us twice over the course of our dinner which I found very personal and polite. I highly, highly recommend Melanie's bistro - It is so rare and great to have such a flawless dining experience . I will be raving about this restaurant for a long time, and will absolutely be returning ASAP.

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Really good food and excellent value”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I meet friends at Melanie's 4-5 times a year and am always impressed with the quality of the food for the price. We usually go Tuesdays where there is a 2 or 3 course special.
Her salads are really fresh an unique. I love the crispy goat cheese salad and the crab cake.
The salmon is always perfectly cooked and comes with interesting sides.
The creme brûlée for dessert is excellent.
I highly recommend this restaurant and we will contine to eat here.

Visited September 2013
Toronto
“Way overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited for lunch. We had the chicken Tikka wrap which was fairly good but way overpriced ($11.00) considering its rather small size. The vegetarian omelette was unremarkable, and at $10:00 was not even accompanied by a piece of toast. The desserts, half priced for lunch, were not particular standouts either.

• Visited September 2013