All reviewsjazz barlive jazzprivate bathroomfree coffee and toastuntil midnightemergency vehiclesinteresting hotelsingle roomqueen streetcentral locationcn towerlocation is amazingbasic hotelcooked breakfaststreet noisesmall roomno elevator
Reviewed April 22, 2017

Small comfy clean room, great location, warm welcome & good value. Stayed for 3 nights, it was a great start to our holiday. Free Wifi in room & television.Very quite in room even though it's above a lively jazz bar.It was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 18Marion
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

We were here for a 1 night layover between flights (Toronto Island Airport). Because of our late evening arrival we had to check in with assistance from the bar doorman . Very friendly and efficient. The room was exactly what I want .... clean , no frills and fair priced . The music in the bar is superb jazz. Breakfast in the AM a real treat. I will surely be back .

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2017

This hotel, is downtown, yet sleeping (second floor) was no problem as far as sound goes. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is just great. Of course this a jazz/blues bar/hotel and they are packed with performances at a reduced fee for guests of the hotel . We enjoyed a great breakfast here as well, they also serve supper. The room was good, the bed comfortable enough, the bathroom could be cleaner, aldo it has more to do with the age of the hotel, it will be harder to keep clean. All in all a hotel i would get back to when visiting Toronto. Great value for money as well.

Room Tip: Second floor is best if you want to go to sleep early, but music stops at reasonable time anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2017

The bands are great, the food tasty (even breakfast), location super for shopping and near the subway. The rooms are like hostel rooms, small and don't judge to harshly. It is great fun to watch a band and then just wander up to bed at the end of the night - no cab necessary. There is a great bakery near by and so much to see and do. I'll go back.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2017

I have to admit I enjoyed the stay in the Rex Hotel although I would not describe the whole experience as a good value for money. In other words it is expensive for what you get. The location is perfect as I love shopping on Queen Street, but that comes with the high level of street noises until late. The room we had was extremely small, right above the bar so we had live entertainment even after we had left the bar and retreated to our room. Because the hotel is old, somehow it did not feel very clean although I could not say that it was not clean... it just did not feel that way. Breakfast was very basic. I would recommend it for a short jazzy stay in Toronto.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Queen Street are loud.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple