Chariots of Fire Ltd.

Brisbane, Australia
via mobile
Great day trip to Niagara Falls

BeckyG1156

All reviews skylon tower niagara on the lake wine tasting tour guide maple cookies great tour day trip photo stops niagara tour boat ride floral clock hornblower cruise table rock his knowledge canadian side tour includes booked this tour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was our first time trip Toronto, Canada and we decided to go with the Chariots of Fire Niagara Falls tour. I must say, it was such an eye opener! The tour guide, Mel was magnificent and knowledgeable about the history and present of Toronto! I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who wants to tour around the Niagara Falls! Because it was our wedding honeymoon trip, lovely Mel even got us something memorable! Thank you so much! May God Bless you Mel & your family! J & N

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We chose to visit Niagara Falls with Chariots of Fire after a recommendation by a friend. We were picked up from the centre of Toronto very promptly by Mel, our tour guide for the day. Before starting the tour Mel outlined the day ahead and took our lunch orders so that the food was ready when we arrived at one of the stops (Niagara on the lake). He provided a insightful narrative as we drove out of Toronto providing interesting facts.

We had multiple stops throughout the day where we had enough time to fully explore whilst Mel continued to provide insightful facts throughout the day.

We couldn't recommend this trip enough, it was friendly and informative!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been on a few trips to Niagara Falls because I live in Toronto. But this trip showed me things I’ve never even seen before. I went on it because a few of friends from out of the country wanted to go and I thought I’d just be boring but it wasnt. His knowledge in history was very informative and he knew everything spot on. It was really impressive and I learned quite a bit too haha. Anyway, I’d recommend this to anyone who wants a very fun and exciting Niagara tour. You won’t be let down.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I quite liked the informal way this was done with a few pick-up points in Toronto, then off to the falls and getting to see it all in one go. There isn't all that much to see on the way there, so it is good to have a guide (Mel) who knew so much and could tell so many stories to shorten the drive. The first stop was the Skylon tower, which you can book as additional in advance, or just buy the tickets off Mel when you get there which is what we did. And I really enjoyed it! It gave splendid views of the falls and the surroundings and was a perfect introduction to the boat trip afterwards. That is also an additional and I would really recommend it. Although you might want to bring waterproofs including shoes because you do get wet even though they hand out pink rain ponchos. In October it can be quite chilly when you get soaked by the mists from the falls. There were plenty of small photostops at lots of interesting places along the river, well managed, but yet without feeling rushed. We also decided for the pre-booked lunch so that we could actually spend the time in Niagara-on-the-lake looking around, not spending all of it trying to find food! Excellent sandwiches to take with you to the park or to the waterfront. A lovely little town. The only downside was the winery, the tasting was very rushed and a very cool guy talking so fast and so full of slang, that I was not able to follow him at all. Also, of course they want to sell wine, but just giving us one glass for trying first white wine, then red wine, then ice wine in the same glass without the opportunity even to have it rinced in between, does add to the feeling that you are just there for you to give them your money (that is the winery, not the excursion company). As relates to the preaching towards the end of the tour, I was a bit startled, but then I thought, ok, this is a different country, people have different ways of doing things than where I am from, so this is part of the experience. And if you do not belive in what is being said anyway, why get upset?

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We chose this trip because there are only a couple of central pick up points so the time travelling around the town is minimal. The trip times are also timed to be as fast as possible. We appreciated the drivers knowledge and the snacks. We weren’t particularly taken with the wine stop but the time in Niagara and Niagara on the lake was very well arranged. If looking at options, the boat is a must and you might as well do the tower as otherwise you are in the gift shop for 1/2 hour. Nothing else there and photos from here are spectacular.

We took the prebooked lunch which was ok and allowed us to sit in the lakeside park for a picnic looking over at the Fort.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

A colleague and I signed up for the Chariots of Fire tour because of the reviews and the schedule it offered. Considering some reviewers comments about the Christian orientation - we are generally agnostic but inclusive- we were all in for the day. And it was just the right choice for us - all in all, this was one of the best tours I have taken.

If you are touring Toronto and looking for a tour that takes you to the Falls and surrounding areas for the day, this is a fantastic, high quality option. Our tour guide, Mel, was just the right guide. He is informed and funny but not over the top. The tour itself includes an hour and a half drive there- over the Erie Canal too - with key stops on the Canadian side at the Skylon Tower, the Hornblower yachts, Niagara on the Lake, and an Ice Wine Winery. Every stop is meticulously timed with access to key sights/tours provided and vendors thoughtfully selected.

The bus is comfortable and the tour company provides snacks and water. For the price and the customer orientation, this is a great proposition! I will return to Niagara, Ontario because of it!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Mel was full of information and a good guide but a bit too ‘full on’ at 8am, talking constantly for about an hour - a bit early in the morning for that. Time at Falls just about enough, photo stops on the way to Niagara On The Lake good but would have preferred longer to eat and explore at Niagara On The Lake rather than the winery stop afterwards (all the tours seem to include a winery visit which is fine if you are interested but it’s just really a sales pitch). I didn’t realise until well after I booked they are a Christian tour company and although there were a few religious references and the offer of a bible at the end I didn’t find religion was shoved down my throat. We travelled in more of a van with sliding doors rather than a tour bus, with quite a high step up and for anyone on the larger side or with walking difficulties it wouldn’t be easy to get in/out unless you had the front passenger seat so check before booking if necessary

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The bus was comfortable, we got nice views of the falls and we got a full hour at Niagara on the Lake (which was too short, but still nice. I guess a daytrip will always be a little bit rushed). We also got plenty of snacks and drinks all during the tour, which was good also. Overall good value for the tour!

Our guide was extremely well informed about the area and the falls, to the point where it was almost too much. He spoke for ages in a monotone voice, which sort of sounded like he just read aloud from a transcript. Although lots of what he said was interesting, I guess it was just a little too much that early in the morning. I prefer when the guiding is personal, lively and evened out with music and "breaks".

Also, I didn't realize this was a Christian tour. I don't think Lonely Planet has pointed that out in their recommendation, but it does say so on the website of the Chariots. Anyways, I don't mind religion or religious people, but I absolutely despise having it showed down my throat. I really don't see the need of this preaching on a tourist trip like this. It made the atmosphere in the car kind of awkward and tense as I don't think the rest of the group was prepared for that either.

Probably would choose a different company if I could choose again because of this, even though the program all over is good.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The tour includes stops at various points, including the Skylon Tower, the Hornblower Cruise (which is awesome), Niagara-on-the-Lake (which is a very beautiful little town), and last but not least, the Lakeview Winery, for some free icewine tasting! The winery itself is owned by Dan Aykroyd, which is certainly an interescting fact.

The highlight of the tour, however, is the tour guide (sorry, I forgot his name), who is not only very informative, but very funny aswell, with tons of awesome dadjokes to keep you smiling all the way through the trip. Lots of gifts too!

If I absolutely had to find a negative point, I would point the fact that we weren't given time to spend at the Casino. Honestly though, if I wanted to do that, I would have chosen somewhere else to go, and not Niagara Falls.

Couldn't recommend more!
Cheers!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Our original booking was full, but boy did we get a better day!! Mel - you are incredible "I wonder what will happen today?" was a tag i wont forget.
Ignore the totally unjustified comments form my fellow countrymen, the day was amazing and one which i will have cherished memories. I would go on this trip again if i have the chance - BRILLIANT!! well done Chariots of Fire