“Thompson Toronto - Luxuriously Cool”

Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
new york city
“Thompson Toronto - Luxuriously Cool”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed in Thompson Toronto in October for a Drake concert and arrived early to check in at 10am - fortunately my room was ready! The girl that checked me in was LOVELY. It was obvious my girlfriends and I were exhausted but she was really a delight to have a chat with and recommended some cool things to check out in the city. The rooms are great, we had a double room - very clean, fresh furnishings and who wouldn't love heated floors in frosty Toronto? We checked out the lounge/club below 1812 i believe it was called, and it was nice to dance and get drinks without going out in the cold! The diner was great, all of the staff were welcoming and the room service attendant was so friendly as she delivered us breakfast. Overall a great trip and friendly, cool and personable staff. Top Notch!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear achmadski,

Thank you for your review, what a pleasure to hear about your recent experience with us. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great atmosphere, very modern. Attended a play in the city on Monday evening headed back to hotel to continue the night at bar/nightclub located downstairs, only to be told that only the 2 ladies that i was with were allowed entry as place was at capacity from the bouncer?? Obviously the goon working the door was trying to make an extra dollar, wouldn't expect that at a high end hotel especially to guests. Additionally the guys behind us were allowed entry since the paid extra to get in. Once confronted by me on the whole capacity thing the doorman said we were at capacity again?? Being a travel agent I can not recommend this place solely based on this experience as it reflects bad on the entire hotel, management should look at who they hire to represent the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emmit647
Dear Emmit647,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel I can appreciate your comments with regards to your experience in 1812. I have shared your experience with the Management of 1812.

In future as a Hotel Guest it would be our pleasure to place your name on the Guestlist for 1812 in order to ensure that they are able to accommodate you.

We hope to welcome you have soon!

Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were here for our nephew's wedding reception so we can't comment on the accommodations.
The entrance to the hotel was welcoming. Spotless maintained hotel. Staff were very helpful. The food presentation was exquisite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol W

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your event at our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently attended a business seminar hosted at the Thompson - a hotel I'd never heard of in Toronto. I had a little difficulty finding it (in the Fashion District) but once there was glad I did. Staff is delightful - from the doorman, to the desk clerk, to wait staff - everyone of them helpful, courteous and welcoming. The room was quite spacious with a very comfortable king bed. The bathroom was large, modern and well appointed. I would certainly stay here again ... without hesitation!

My seminar dealt with issues in Long Term Care. I mention this because while a great hotel in general, the lighting is low throughout the hotel. Meeting rooms on the lower level are without windows and use lots of mirrors - all of these are challenging for the elderly and any of us with aging eyes. Light switches and labels in the rooms have very small print so managing the lighting can take trial and error. These are not big issues but worth mentioning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street can be a little noisy so if you're not an urbanite then ask for a r...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Douglas B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always enjoy hearing from our guests. Your feedback is very encouraging for our staff who pride themselves on our warm and welcoming service and hospitality.

We hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline so I did not choose it on my own. Quite honestly, I did not even know there was a Thompson Hotel in Toronto. I was pleasantly surprised. After reading several negative reviews I was not expecting a good experience.

This hotel is slightly west of the downtown core and south of the trendy Queen Street West area. There are plenty of restaurants at all price points in the neighbourhood as well as decent shopping along King Street. Even with all of that - this hotel still seemed out of place to me. That is why I gave it a rating of 4 overall instead of a 5. I suspect if I was not familiar with Toronto I would have had a different perspective.

The hotel itself was unique. I would call it a boutique hotel. I felt like I was walking into a nightclub when I arrived just after 6 pm. The lobby is dimly with a vibrant bar off to the side. Check in was efficient. The hotel room itself was spotless and had a distinct European feel to it.

The view from the top floor bar is spectacular - definitely worth a look even if you are not stopping in for a drink.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelGirl181747
Dear TravelGirl181747

Thank you for your review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will return very soon!

Kind Regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were in Toronto for a 3 day weekend and decided to stay at the Thompson Hotel on a recommendation from a friend. We had a fantastic experience! Family of four with 2 young girls, the Thompson is not a typical family hotel but the staff made us feel welcome and they went out of their way to provide us with entertainment otions, advice and activities pertinent to my family's needs. We got great recommendations for restaurants close by, there is a park for kids to play and the rooftop pool and patio is breathtaking. If you are looking for an upscale place to kick off your shoes and where you can forget the stress of the week, I highly recommend the Thompson Hotel in Toronto.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Theo K, Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Card9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy the amenities of the Hotel as well as what is offered in our vibrant King West location.

Delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and felt comfortable and welcome.

We look forward to your next visit!

Toronto
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I must admit , we were somewhat reluctant to stay here after reading some pretty poor reviews, however, our experience with the staff and our enjoyment of all the facilities that this hotel has to offer (including a wickedly beautiful and full function health club) was nothing short of stellar.
We enjoyed our brief retreat in this magnificent hotel and very much look forward to our next visit. All the staff were warm and welcoming...special shout out to Sarah at the front desk, a gem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DougandTheresa,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your kind acknowledgment of our warm and welcoming staff, particularly Sarah who was honored to hear your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Thompson Toronto very soon!