Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
$195
$148
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$211
$260
$234
Agoda.com
1,731 results
All reviewsrooftop barheated floorsinfinity pooltoronto skylineroom serviceking suiterain showerboutique hotelbars and restaurantsbeautiful hotelthis past weekendking streetdowntown corecn towerentertainment districtvalet parkingcolette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2012

As a frequent traveler, my stay at the Thompson Toronto was nothing but positive.

The hotel's valet and front desk staff were friendly and professional (extra points to Josh). My king superior room was clean, well-maintained and spacious, and I loved the modern - yet warm and cozy - decor (which is found throughout the property). I also appreciated the extra touches such as the heated floor in the bathroom and the lighting controls next to the bed.

The comments regarding the great views from the rooftop are not exaggerations. In addition, for travelers seeking a quality fitness center, the Thompson Toronto's 24-hour facility delivers the goods - it's large and the equipment is state-of-the-art.

My experience with the restaurants, Scarpetta and Thompson Diner, were limited but I did find the sleek designs appealing.

It is true that the downstairs and rooftop bars are popular, and they can get loud and crowded; however, I did not encounter any noise issues in my room.

I hope I have the opportunity to return to this property when the weather is warmer and I am able to fully enjoy the rooftop lounge and infinity pool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the six floor and above are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tdpndc
Saye K, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear tdpndc,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, we love hearing from our guests.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, hotel décor, design, our restaurants, fitness center and the rooftop view. It was our pleasure to serve you and we’re pleased to know you had a great time with us. We value your continued patronage, and we look forward to serving you again upon your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Have now done a second and final attempt at the Thompson Hotel in Toronto. Both stays have been for business and it is clearly not a business hotel. As many other reviews have indicated the hotel is very loud and the service is, at best, ambivalent.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one. Most floors can be very loud with party people at all hours.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KGBRover
Saye K, General Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear KGBRover,
We regret to hear that your experience was anything less than exceptional, yet we thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we will take your comments into serious consideration as we continually strive to improve.

Again thank you for your time and for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed over on a Monday night for a mini staycation. I noticed a light scent of stale smoke, but I ignored it. I figured it was just me, since Ontario had passed that "no smoking indoors" law a few years back. The rooms were clean and comfortable, I particularly liked the touch-activated light switches, and the heated floor in the bathroom was my favourite. Great until the people next door came back. It sounded like a good 6 people (all drunk) were packed into one room all trying to talk over one another. Several minutes later, it became obvious where the smoke smell had come from, as kids next door were clearly smoking pot and the fumes were wafting from under the door. A call down to the front desk did get the kids to quiet down a bit, but the marijuana smoke was a lost cause.

We live in the city, so the location was not a big deal to us, but for those from out of town, the hotel is located in a gentrifying area, and in my personal opinion, quite a (walking) distance from anything of note. I would prefer to stay somewhere more central, and better lit at night if I wasn't familiar with the area.

Room Tip: I suppose a room away from the stairwells would help, as people seem to like taking the stairs at all hours of the night. The door is heavy and slams shut in an extremely loud manner. Not sure if this is possible, but if the rooms to the right and left of you are empty, you'll have a better night's sleep too.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ki_le2,
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us; we love hearing from our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding the Thompson Toronto’s room and happy you liked the heated floor in the washroom- we’re glad you enjoyed these aspects of our hotel. We regret, however, to hear that you experienced that inconvenient situation; we assure you that what you experienced is not the standard at Thompson Toronto or among any Thompson property.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I can't believe that in the time since my last visit the Thompson has actually gotten worse, despite the amount of negative reviews they've received - I really can't believe nothing has been taken into account.

I did stay elsewhere in the city, since the experience was so bad the first time. However we did visit the hotel for it's lobby bar -> Couldn't get in because the lineup of Jersey Shore wannabes (amazing that people want to behave in such fashion) was extensive & we were informed by the rude beefy security guard that we probably wouldn't be able to get in before last call (it was 11)

A few days later we returned to visit The Counter, which I learned has changed names to The Thompson Diner. It seems the food quality has gone down, while the prices have gone up: Orange juice + pancakes for two rendered a near $60 bill - the orange juice was from concentrate while the pancakes were dry & tasteless, had NO sides (for $17 you would expect some bacon) & didn't even have a handful of fruit in them (banana pancakes were more like a hunt for banana in a whopping pile of cheap flour)

Again, I am extremely disappointed in the quality of this hotel, considering the high caliber of service the American locations provide. The Canadian management clearly doesn't know much about customer service.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about the faucets - it seems many of the faucets in the room have come off & were repaired incorrectly (fall off)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roben R

Dear margot t,
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us; we love hearing from our guests. We regret that your visit was anything less than exceptional and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. Yet, we appreciate and value your feedback and will use your concerns constructively to improve our overall guest experience.

In hopes to remedy your stay, we eagerly invite you to contact us so that we may address the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Please send a message to ThompsonHotels, or contact the hotel directly by phone or email.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We live in Toronto and decided treat ourselves to a stay at the Thompson Hotel over Valentine's Day weekend. We got the Deluxe room and the room was absolutely beautiful. It had a great washroom with a soaker tub that we enjoyed for hours. Linens in the bedroom were great too.

Outside the room, however was another story. The much lauded roof top bar was terrible and just full of the worst type of aging clubbers you can imagine. The Counter, the restaurant downstairs, was full of the too drunk to function version of the above. We went back to our rooms for room service. Sadly the room service was mediocre.

Overall, the location is good, the valet was quick, the rooms were beautiful but everything else should be avoided.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear rebecca,
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us; we love hearing from our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding the Thompson Toronto’s rooms and washrooms- we’re glad you enjoyed these aspects of our hotel. We regret, however, to hear that your stay was not exceptional; yet, we know we can make the necessary changes to provide you with a remarkable stay in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.