“Amazing experience”

Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I read the reviews for this hotel and I am extremely surprised with the poor reviews. I’m in sales and I travel all over north America so I have had my share of hotel experience. From the moment that I checked in I was impressed. Customer service is extremely important to me and this hotel did not disappoint!!
For starters the hotel lobby is incredible!! When I walked in I forgot I was in Toronto as not many hotels in Toronto are this cool or happening on a Sunday night. The front desk was very friendly and as soon as I walked into my room I received chocolate brownies and a lovely thank-you note. Which is always appreciated when travelling.
So the Room was absolutely incredible!! The room and bathroom were impressively clean. Other goodies include 2 large screen tv’s, heated bathroom floors, automatic lighting, most comfortable bed and pillows and what a view! I forget how beautiful Toronto is at night and the hotel is situated so that you have a gorgeous view!
I also dined at the restaurant in the lobby called scarpetto and the food was exquisite. It was their 1 year anniversary so I had a 5 course meal with accompanying wine with each plate for $50.
Most importantly the hotel is situated on a street that is not too busy so the room was very quiet at night which is important for business travellers that need to get up early the next day!
Overall, I was extremely satisfied and will definitely be coming back for all my future travels business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank tanyamess
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear tanyamess,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review with us. We love hearing from our guests and we're very grateful for your kind words. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future. See you soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

It's a gorgeous weekend. At the start of it I tried to bring a client to the rooftop for a drink - there were several staff but was told that we couldn't be served. Fine. We went downstairs to have a drink in the lobby but again were told that the bar wasn't open (it was late afternoon).

Today I thought, since it was such a beautiful hot day, an afternoon by the pool might be in order. As it turned out not only was the pool off-limits, but the whole roof was closed so we couldn't even enjoy the afternoon in the sun on the rooftop restaurant patio.

I was really trying to spend money at various venues at the hotel, but it was completely unaccommodating.

*It should also be noted that the lobby furniture has tears & frays in the upholstery which look better at night than during the day - if you are considering a business related meeting I'd suggest considering one of the many classier venues in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear margot t,
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your time with us and would love the opportunity to follow-up with you so that we may further address your concerns. We invite you to contact us -please send a message to ThompsonHotels, or contact the hotel directly by phone, email or via Twitter; @ThompsonToronto.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying here on two separate occasions now, one business and one pleasure. Both times my stay has exceeded expectations with gorgeous rooms, delicious food & service in the restaurants and always feeling like a very welcomed guest. I find the location very convenient for getting around toronto yet just tucked away so that you can feel relaxed and out of the downtown hustle. My most recent stay was for the most fabulous wedding ever, the entire day was so meticulously planned and executed, myself and all guest were smiling, laughing and having the time of our lives. I will definitely make the Thompson Toronto my go-to hotel for the area! Thankyou!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank natkathleen
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear natandsan,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review; we love hearing from our guests. We're grateful that you regard Thompson Toronto as your go-to hotel, and we appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodations and event services. We value your patronage, and we look forward to serving you again upon your return.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I attended a wedding of a close friend and from the moment I walked in the door, I was treated like a queen. The front desk reception was friendly and efficient. The roof top bar and pool were an amazing retreat. The wedding was in the hotel and as a guest, the reception exceeded all expectations and then some. The staff was pleasant and accommodating through out the weekend. I would return in a heartbeat to the Thompson if the situation arose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jo G
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Dear Jo G,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your wonderful review regarding your recent visit to Thompson Toronto. We're grateful that you enjoyed your experience with us and we appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and event services. As well, we're always honored to hear when we've exceeded our guests' expectations.

Once again, thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is to let everyone know that Thompson Hotel Toronto - Wedding Banquet management took it upon themselves to completely put themselves first before putting the well paying Bride, Groom and guests first. I've never experienced such self-interested business tactics that as I did at my best friend's wedding this past weekend. The banquet director, floor manager openly reprimanded bartenders who gave a groom, guests any full ounce of alcohol as standard practice. Thompson management basically went stingy at 9PM with the open bar. Everything was actually beautiful, food was amazing, venue stylish, front line staff super classy. It was the management that gave everyone a hard time and arbitrarily started to cut completely sober people off alcohol. Guests included doctors, lawyers, and other professionals who were simply sticking up for the groom - who wanted a shot. Too many rules and controlling tactics for welling paying guests is blatantly tacky and below the class Thompson Toronto claims itself to have. For those of you planning a future wedding a Thompson Hotel, make sure they clarify in writing what the rules are around the open bar. It was a negative experience and I cannot believe Management would do this at someone's wedding reception. LOW CLASS.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
15  Thank SolarDante
Reviewed September 23, 2011

From the moment I stepped in the door I loved the vibe, the luxury, the amenities and the service. The Thompson exceeded my expectations – trendy, fun and sophisticated – it is centrally located and has so much to offer including a rooftop bar (with a magnificent view), a yoga studio and a great workout room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin H
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Kevin H,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us; we love hearing from our guests. We are grateful to know that you enjoyed your accommodations. We strive to create spaces that are as beautiful as they are comfortable, all while providing superb service for our guests. We appreciate your kind words, and we look forward to serving you again upon your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was my first experience with the Thompson family - they own and operate four properties in Canada.

The Toronto property manages the impossible - a very contemporary decor with ALL the feelings of home! The guest rooms are sleek and comfortable. Closets include a fluffy robe, multiple hangers - including the satin ones we ladies love....mini bar...and dresser all built into a modern schraunk. The desk has a hidden panel that houses multiple multiple plugs and every type of connection / plug you could possibly need. But the bed and pillows......so comfortable. Perfect for the exhausted traveler who needs to recharge.

My favorite features: Heated floors in the bathroom....and ...You can operate all of the lights in the room from any and all of the light switch panels - even the one built into the nightstand!

There are multiple restaurants and two night clubs....but the club on the roof top is only open to hotel guests! BREATH TAKING VIEWS! Service levels are spot in here. The staff is very friendly and will do there best to accommodate all requests. The food....AMAZING! I especially love the 24 hour diner....the name appropriately named THE DINER. In order to insure you get the best cup of coffee.....they will deliver to your room 24 hrs a day....none of the mickey mouse toy coffee makers for this hotel! Their coffee is some of the best I have ever had. Beware.

All in all a great hotel for business travelers and mature audiences tucked into a great location. Great for Groups / Conferences of 50 - 75 attendees!!

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are a bit roomier ....recommend upgrade.