Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel
$531
$119
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$211
Hotels.com
$1,139
TripAdvisor
1,732 results
All reviewsrooftop barheated floorsinfinity pooltoronto skylineroom serviceking suiterain showerboutique hotelbars and restaurantsbeautiful hotelthis past weekendking streetdowntown corecn towerentertainment districtvalet parkingcolette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2011

If you're driving there be careful with the one way streets. Valet parked my car and the bell boy was helpful. Check-in was easy, prompt, and quick. Everyone was super attentive and friendly upon arrival. My iPad internet didn't work at the work desk, but it did work nearer to the door. I was in a corner room. Luckily, the deskchair had wheels so I could wheel it over. They sent up an engineer "immediately" and to my surprise, he came up 3 minutes later to help me connect. It's about $10/day for internet use. Local calls extra, but there are payphones nearby if you don't want to pay the roaming charges on your cell phone. There are many restaurants on King St, one block north and the hotel has three restaurants attached. I got the hotel as a last minute discount, so for the price, I was very happy. The exercise room is large, spacious, accesible all day with your room key, and has a yogaroom. Would return if opportunity arose.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank snowBoardBunny
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed for two nights only on business. Got to the front door and no doorman or bellman. I checked in with ease, but not once asked if I needed any luggage brought up. They don't have a lot of food around them so I ended up ordering room service. Half the menu was not available and they had discontinued sections of the dinner menu. When I questioned the person taking my order, he defended the menu and said that there was plenty of other items to choose from almost as if he were my Mother scolding me. I laughed inside a bit at his complete rudeness although I realize he was clueless so I left the NY attitude at bay. When I visited the hotel gym which is fantastic, I was disappointed to find no towels anywhere..not even small ones. I called the desk and was told that they didn't have any because they were being stolen by the residence users. I was told Housekeeping could bring me some... I laughed at the thought and respectfully declined. Maybe if I were a senior on a cruise, that would have been okay but would have been extremely embarrassing in front of a gym full of people. I even asked the girl how they planned to find me in a gym full of people lol... Overall I think the hotel is trying to succeed, but they don't understand the business traveler so well and it sounds like management is making poor decisions to solve problems that are negative overall... Someone help this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Arrived into Toronto on 26th in the PM direct from Australia looking forward to some sleep and relaxtion. Was initially impressed by the decor - how wrong was I.
This hotel is apparently the 'party place' in Toronto - it has a nightclub on the top level and is full of underage people who the hotel have apparently allowed to check into the rooms.
I witnessed and extremely peeved person who also conveyed the same information to the front of office staff who seemingly could not care less.
All night there were EXTREMELY intoxicated people on the level that I was staying (Level 3) and at one stage there were 3 girls who were so pissed that they collapsed on the floor as they could not get into their room which was next to me (check the cameras Thompson and you will see what I mean). There are cameras on each level so the security staff are either not working or could not care less.
The fire alarm went off at around 1.45am and then again through to about 2.30am twice. The extremely courteous staff at the Thompson must have thought that alerting the guests to what was happening was a privilege. We received a voice message after the fire department had arrived (some 15 minutes or so after the fire alarm) to tell us that it was a false alarm. The pannicked people at the hotel will attest to the experience and the fact that the staff working need to seriously do some courses on the fire system and what needs to be done to not panic people. Given the fire alarm went off 2 more times through to about 3 in the morning I certainly felt that when I was charged for the night I got my value for money - certainly not !. I will be personally reporting my experience to the fire department in Toronto just so they know what a liability the staff are in keeping the guest assured that all is OK and that the fire alarms are actually false alarms.
I travel a lot and have visited Toronto on numerous occasions - my advice is simply pick another hotel. That is unless you want to stay in a nightclub with people extremely pissed, swearing and sleeping in the corridors.
Well done Thompson.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank ccurtis101
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Reading some of the reviews I was a little hesitant about booking but was very pleased overall. Bellman desk was always staffed by pleasant individuals who gave me a greeting everytime I entered the hotel. Parking was underground and plentiful. The room was great. Lovely spalike bathroom, no tub but huge shower, all marble and glass, even a phone! Bed very comfortable, wonderful linens. Lots of storage, a computer desk and nicely furnished. Did notice no iron in room. Generally feeling was very cool and modern. Didn't notice too much noise but one night was up late and could hear a distant "throb" of a nightclub. Excellent location for taking in the King/Queen West and Entertainment district scene. Had dinner at nearby Marben restaurant ,hotel coffee shop had excellent breakfast with great service and hotel restaurant always full of happy looking business types.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Following a poor experience last summer, I decided to give the Thompson another go. Sadly, it's not all that much better. The good: location (A+++ a the the heart of the entertainment district), gym (A+ modern and well lit), bathrooms (A++ modern, great showers). The bad: no in-room coffee (the best in-room coffee in Canada is at the Germain in Calgary, each room has a Nespresso machine!), the Counter restaurant (the décor is some bizarre mish-mash of 70 and 80s diner....a little jarring on the nerves after a night out and the food is very average), the staff (the waiter asked if I wanted my Americano with espresso in it!) and finally the bar. The bar at The Thompson is my BIGGEST pet peeve. The roof-top bar is well-guarded and continues to have absurd rules about how many guests hotel patrons may bring. The lobby bar has become a loud and crowded pick-up joint. This hotel missed the sweet spot and could have had a very smart cocktail or whisky bar....instead they opted for bling and some Vegas slash W lite formula.
The only reason I may return...an exceptional and engaging concierge by the name of Paula....super, super terrific.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Thompson Toronto - A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear RAMGOD,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at Thompson Toronto, but we're glad you said something. We always enjoy hearing from our guests. We are excited about your two future bookings, despite your previous reviews, and will make all efforts to ensure a remarkable experience! We appreciate your continued business and we look forward to seeing you!

Timothy Hayes