“Great vegetarian”

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Great vegetarian”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The food here is among the best veg cuisine in Toronto. Very small space so take out is better. Nice in the summer when the storefront is rolled up.

1 Thank Roxtor

Toronto, Canada
“A lovely place for lunch”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I'm sad to see such horrible review about the place, it happens to be one of my favourite places for lunch in Toronto.

The cafe is small and has a nice vibe to it and the people who sit around you are generally really nice. The owner is a nice guy too, always talkative and friendly every time I've gone.

I bring different people with me, my grandmother, friends, husband and they enjoy it too. In their opinion the food is not chock full of flavor but I tend to eat quite a clean diet with not a lot of sodium or sugar and I don't smoke so the taste come out quite strong for me.

It's not your typical italian, the review above is right, there's isn't a lot of garlic in the dishes but to me it tastes like going over to a friends house who happens to be a pretty good cook. I think that's what I like most about it.

The dishes are better than the desserts - which I don't have much to rave about.

From what I remember this place has never expressed itself as organic or particularly more healthy than anything else.

If your a vegetarian or not I think it's great, the environment is warm, if you share a couple dishes it's not expensive and the subway (bloor/yonge) is right next door. Who care is they get their bread or desserts from another bakery like almost every other restaurant does. It's a simple yummy place..I hope other people go and review to balance these out.

I used to live in Toronto and now I travel back to visit family every few months..I always have one meal at mela at least and it's always satisfying and delicious to me.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank tkrauss
toronto
“you should not go”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

the last review is totally right. The owner lies a lot about the products and menus there. It was very disappointing to see plastic bags from China town and cheap oil next to the stove, even though they are supposed to be all organic in the cafe.I remember he used to cook cheese a lot, but now No cheese , even in the eggplant sandwich which I used to like.And everything is more expensive. it does not make sense.No organic, no cheese and with cheap oil. I thought Vegetarian foods are good for you, but not from that cafe.

Toronto
“Great Italian vegetarian...”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Great Italian vegetarian food for lunch. Hot and cold food, made on site.