“Tried and True”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have eaten here a dozen times, and never been disappointed. it is worth the wait in the inevitable lineup at (and sometimes outside) the door, the crowded seating, and the noise level (which is high, but still allows for normally voiced conversation). There is great friendly service and consistent staff (who always recognize my brother by name, even though lived near the restaurant as a student more that two decades ago, and only comes in a couple of times a year now). The food is always remarkably fresh, and you have the option of classic Chinese food items, or experimenting with the more unusual varying daily specialities, whiteboarded on the wall. A testament to how great this restaurant is, is that even in the heart of Chinatown, Chinese people I know choose to patronize it. It is not exceptional - it is, however, enjoyable and reliable. A great place to take children, too, though there is no room for gigantic baby carriages - unless it's an umbrella stroller, leave it outside.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Best Chinese food I had for my three weeks vacation. It's so good that it's better than many places in Singapore. Excellent value for money set dinner on weekdays. I wish I could go back again. Try the pork ribs. Excellent choice!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been this place over 13 years,every time it satisfied me. It is a place you could get the best hongkong style food in toronto. And the tase is very steady, never change!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

In the heart of the Chinese quarter of Toronto, stands this large and noisy restaurant. If it wasn’t for the long line at the entrance, we would probably go elsewhere. Then we sat and ordered and found Chinese food at his best. The Lobster was a tasty surprise, and not too pricy.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Not a huge place, the food was great, and YES considered one of he best Chinese places to eat but a bit pricier than the normal Chinese places..it was packed.. parking is difficult.

We ordered chicken fried rice, (the best I ever had anywhere).. chicken chow mien (which was not bean sprouts but noodles...yuck I hate noodles), beef with green peppers in black bean sauce was awesome and my friend and I ordered a different spring roll each and they both came on the same plate (so how do we know which is which .. absolutely poor plating.. and were way overcooked) I have allergy to seafood). Service was ok, but don't hope for water refills unless you ask.

Expect a long wait 20-30 mins in prime time, and standing in narrow crowded hall way was bad especially when some one wanted out