“Next best thing to Katz”

Sumilicious Smoked Meat & Deli
Ranked #55 of 381 Quick Bites in Toronto
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Description: We're bring the real taste of Montreal-Style Smoked Meat to the GTA! Along, with other always fresh deli options. #sumilicious
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good meat , hand carved. Staff was friendly and had some unique products that I have never seen before. Parking was OK The main entrance for parking is East of the restaurant The entrance is on the South side

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

You don’t have to go to Montreal for this delicious smoke meat sandwich. The owners is from the famous smoke meat restaurant in Montreal. You should go and try it.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Ask for medium or lean cut. Great meat. They have duck and chicken too. They're not cheap and they're not the fastest since they hand cut for each sandwich but the food is great. I've gone nearly every Sunday since discovering them !

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and his grandson made the trip out east to get lunch one day. Grandson heard about it, and off they went on a quest for good Montreal style meat. I had a taste of a half sandwich on rye, and was very happy with it. At last, a real old fashioned hand cut sandwich like we had on the Main , on very good bread. I understand the smoked meat topped poutine was delicious ( grandson again ) but that did not suffice. We made the trek across town and spoke with the owners and picked up sandwiches for takeout. The method of prep was explained and we had a great chat with this meat maven and his charming wife. The place is a find...go...eat...and be happy.
Incidentally, they have a rib steak on the menu ! That’s my next meal to try.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2019

What is this place doing way out in Scarborough? It belongs at Bathurst and Eglinton. My meal was fantabulous. I can't wait to go back. Sure, there is some room for improvement. Like some cutlery would be nice. The HUGE pickle that they serve might be better enjoyed with a knife and fork. Actually, the pickle is almost a meal in itself. I would say that the meat portion in my sandwich was perfect. I couldn't have eaten one more bite. To bad but there was no coffee available. No alcohol either. They don't mind you bringing a coffee in from Tim Hortons which is almost next door. This is not a big restaurant. I wouldn't doubt that they will be looking for a bigger place soon and more locations I hope. This was a good deal. I'll be going back next time I am in the area.

Date of visit: July 2019