“Our dinner on the 14th of June”
Review of Osteria Ciceri e Tria - CLOSED

Osteria Ciceri e Tria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Victoria St and Richmond St
Transit: Street Car: Queen Street East at Victoria Street Stop ID: 03076. Walk half a block south to 106 Victoria.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I like exploring very good restaurants. We have no problems to pay good money if the food, service and ambiance is perfect. We have dinners for 2 people for $ 180.

The Osteria in Toronto was the worst value I got so far for my money.

Service = bad
Presentation = bad
Food for the price I paid = average at best (I don't want to be to negative)

To mention that I got the worst Calamari, I every had. $18 !!!!! for a small "Mc Donald" paperback full of fried, chewy calamari ???

Final comment: It's worse to pass on to a different restaurant

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The pasta was not store bought but definately not made fresh! The olive oil they served along with the olives were just horrible. The portions were terribly small and the food in general was bland and lacking in flavor. Stay away from any purées it nearly made us puke. The quality of food was not what it used to be. We used to go here weekly for lunch or dinner and so we were quite disappointed the last time we dined here.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I dined solo during a business trip, and felt rushed through my meal. I was not offered bread before my entree arrived and no waiter refilled my beverage. While my meal was delicious, I found the price rather steep. Perhaps I misread the price in the tiny print on the tiny menu in the very dark room.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a great spot to have excellent food and taste some of the samplers they prepare on site fresh every day. One of my favourite spots for lunch.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

How can you fail an osso bucco in an italian restaurant?? This osteria managed to do exactly that. It must have been the blandest tasting osso bucco I have tried in the whole world. And the sea bream did not taste any special either, and not exactly fresh.

Well I should have been warned by the menu, where nothing really sounded italian anyway. But then there are all these rave reviews here on TA so I decided to give it a try. DON'T!

On the positive side: it is a swank, trendy place where you have lots of beautiful people, so guess it is a see-and-be-seen place in Toronto. If that's your thing, yeah do give this place (and the restaurant linked to it) a try.

2  Thank accident_tourist