“New Look!!”

Transit: Chester Subway Station or Pape Subway Station
Toronto, Canada
“New Look!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I uses to frequent this venue often and have always had a good time. I hadnt been there in awhile so I went this past weekend to meet a small group that had gone for a birthday dinner. OH MY GOD! WOW. They have completely re-invented the front of the building and opened it up with a patio. It looks absolutley gorgoeus. It is no sleek and inviting. I noticed they have a new menu as well, I will definitley be going back to check that out and dine on the patio!

• Visited July 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Mr Panos and a Decent Meal...”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I went to this place for a comedy show that showcased Mr.Panos (Yannis Pappas) and Manolis Zontanos. Tickets were $85 per person and it included a decent meal. Nice venue, clean, service was good, lots of seating. Meal seemed pricy for what you got but it was of good quality - steak and veggies. Portions were small for my taste, especially being on the Danforth - but I'm a horse so I can respect that it would have been enough for others. Good experience all around and the owner (sorry I can't recall his name) gave the entire restaurant courtesy shots of a blue liquor - nice touch.

• Visited May 2012
toronto
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

5 for dinner on sat. night. Really inexperienced staff (eg. taking dirty cutlery off the plates she was removing and putting them on the linen table - to keep and use again - didn't know the menu - didn't ask about the food..)

The food was highly disappointing, med-rare steak was med-well but tasted like stagnant blood - nice huh - nothing was 'good' - just not bad enough to send back. The prices don't align with the quality of the food - or the freshness (lacking).

Don't go - you will leave saying the same - wouldn't go back - wasn't worth the money and the staff needs experience.

• Visited May 2012
North York
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The day we visited there seem to be a private function at the back of the restaurant and we waited a long time through out our meal for service. It was very noisey and we were seated close to the door and it was quite cold. When our meal arrived the food was good.
Tip: unless you are visiting in the summer dont sit close to the door and when booking ask if there is a private function there that evening. This was my 3rd attempt and the previous 2 times I was told there was a private function.
Decor is lovely

• Visited November 2011
Toronto
“Should decide whether it is a restaurant or a bar.”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Food does not live up to the prices being charged. With entrees close to $20 each and very expensive wine, I expect a certain quality of food. Do not go here for dinner. It is an attractive setting for drinks and a club like atmosphere later at night, but not worth the money for dinner. I had the salmon but asked for the olives to be left off. Our waitress checked with the chef and said that was not a problem. When the vegetable medley arrived with the salmon, it was full of olives. Not good if I was allergic. The salmon had a very thick layer of pesto on it. My spouse had chicken with bone in, plain white rice and a huge pile of broccoli - for $18! Shameful. The only redeeming part was that when I complained we received 2 dessert wines and a creme brulee on the house. The dessert had obviously been in the fridge for awhile and had been pre-torched and then refridgerated. Not the way I want creme brulee for the prices they charge. Go elsewhere for a nice meal.

• Visited October 2011