“Best Steakhouse in the world”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Hands down the best steakhouse I've ever been to, surpassing any steakhouse in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific in terms of dry age meat superb quality and selections, efficient and courteous service, and upscale modern decor.

Choose Van Groningen Farm Angus rib-eye for grass fed cow, beautifully dry aged for 35 days, just the right amount of fat to add to otherwise very lean cow.

Choose Canadian Prime Angus PEI rib-eye for potato fed cow, dry aged perfectly for 45 days, soft and moist without overly fatty. The perfect texture and flavor for us.

Mushroom risotto was also superb and fresh oysters were literally so fresh and nice with the vin&lemon dressing.

S'mores Cheesecake and vanilla creme brulee are perfect to end this wonderful and spectacular feast.

One absolute reason to come to Toronto and should not be missed.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank LefLo105
Write a reviewReviews (790)

Reviewed June 30, 2016

We were a party of 5, celebrating a birthday. Meal was superb.

Our order shared amongst the 5 of us: 40oz porterhouse, 1 portion Caesar salad, potato puree, asparagus and mushrooms.

The server had originally suggested for us to share 3 portions of the caesar salad between us, however I'm glad we only ordered 1 as it was more than enough. We were filled to the brim and could not finish all the sides. All the sides were amazing, in particular my favorite was the potato puree. The steak was cooked perfectly medium rare. The server was very thorough and detailed in explaining the taste and textures of steaks from difference regions. The atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant was nice. It was a busy night, almost all tables were occupied, but it wasn't noisy or rowdy. We finished off with their marshmallow cheesecake, which was delectable.

I would definitely come back and suggest this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a place to celebrate something special. Definitely pricey, but well worth it for special occasions.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

I took my best friend to dinner to Jacobs & Co for her birthday dinner. The service was okay. My friends steak was full of fat and not done to the way she asked for it to be done. The server ask how things were and my friend told her. She walk way and could not deal with the fact that the steak was not good. The manager came over and she began explaining to him that he steak was not good, he said what do you want me to for you. I spoke up and please bring her a steak that she can eat. He proceed to tell me that he was not speaking to me and I turn to him and said she was my guess and he should loose the his tone. They brought her another steak and when she cut into it and began eating it at the middle of the steak it was all fat to the end. Between the server and the manager they treated us so badly that I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. when we left and went down to the main level we again me up with another manager and open a conversation with us and again advised us that they had sold 120 steak that evening and only our table complained. I began speaking to the second manager and he told me to stop speaking as he was talking to my friend. I stood in front of him and said that my friend was my guess and have never been treated like. The first manager advised my friend and I that maybe were not use to fine dinning. I though i would not the guy to the floor. I proceed to tell him that I was fine dinning before he was a thought to his parents. It is over priced and I would never go back their again.

Date of visit: July 2015
3  Thank Terry B
Reviewed June 22, 2016

My husband and I went here for our first date and it has become an annual tradition to have our anniversary dinner at Jacob's.

The atmosphere is relaxed but very upscale, beautiful restaurant with all kinds of ambient decoration. They have several types of seating choices from open atmosphere /wide open room to private rooms that have dimmed lighting for a more romantic, intimate feel.

Service is always impeccable and I love that their servers still know how to crack a joke and a smile... a true testament to modern fine dining. They always cater to your every need and are constantly floating around, very attentive, I never sit and wonder if/when my server will return if I have questions or want to order something else. They always have excellent manners and dining etiquette.

The food is out of this world. We started with their bread (complimentary) and it is so fresh and delicious, served with their basil butter, so good! Next we enjoyed the caesar salad prepared table-side, the best I have ever had. My husband and I both had the 8oz Ontario tenderloins, so underrated! Last time we shared a Japanese steak and it melted in your mouth it was so tender and well prepared. In any case, their steaks are well worth every penny.

I absolutely love this place and highly recommend for special occasions :) We will definitely be back, that's for sure.

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

I chose this place for our anniversary dinner and did not not disappoint. The service was beyond awesome and the food was melt in your mouth delicious. We had the chilled main lobster and rableside Caesar salad for appetizers along with a strip steak and it was cooked perfectly. This restaurant was trendy romantic and attentive and I highly recommend. Thank you jacobs!!