“Best steaks ever”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Possibly the best steaks I've ever had - carefully chosen meat cooked excellently. Great Caesar salad as well, a dish often done appallingly in restaurants but here near perfect. Sides and wines a very good complement to the meat. Service top-notch; friendly, considerate and attentive with no hint of the rush that's so common in North America. We did have to ask for a quieter table after being seated next to a few loud and boisterous guys when we were after something a bit more intimate - but were moved somewhere more to our liking quickly and with a minimum of fuss.

Pricing reflects the quality on offer - 3 courses with cocktails, wine and spirits after came to 160 CAD per head and even if you were more economical it would be hard to spend less than 80-100CAD. But definitely money well spent.

1  Thank Chris K

Reviewed June 24, 2014

we had great service at Jacob and the steaks were done perfectly and tasted great - I would not say the same about the sides which are extra to the main meals. Basically overdone and not crafted with the same degree of excellence as the steaks. The menu is not for everyone with high priced but high quality steaks and good oysters. Disappointments were the lack of windows in the restaurant areas - compared to Scaramouche much lower on the ambience and style scale.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ate at this restaurant 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful! The hostesses were friendly and our server, Michael, was very attentive and took extra special care to make sure I had an allergy-free meal. I cannot eat garlic, onions or leeks which can be VERY difficult to avoid. He was very familiar with the menu and the chef was VERY considerate and made me a Hollandaise sauce from scratch as the normal one had onions in it. Though I don't know if they would have time to do this on a normal night (we happened to be there on a slow night) it was a real treat! :)
In sum: It was a wonderful dinner experience and if I lived in Toronto I would be back immediately!
Much appreciated!

Much appreciated!

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

A couple weeks ago I was in Orlando on business. Somehow I ended up at three big name steak houses in a row: Ruth Chris, Capitol Grill and one other whose name eludes me. Despite the reputation of these places I found them underwhelming. They didn't feel genuine. Sortof like they'd come pre-packaged in a box. Like someone far away was calling the shots.

Not Jacob & co. It's the real deal. Even the Caesar salad is authentic. Everything felt just as it should. Like it was being run not by someone with more management than culinary skill but by someone with skin in the game. Someone who doesn't just know what a steak house is like but feels it as well.

Btw the sides are available in half portions. Didn't know this on previous visits. A meal is more enjoyable when the quantities are reasonable.

1  Thank H2912412