“Semi-annual favorite, best steakhouse in Toronto” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Toronto, Ontario
“Semi-annual favorite, best steakhouse in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I frequent Jacob's at least every six months. Bar none, it is the best steakhouse in Toronto. The selection of cuts is just amazing. We normally get the porterhouse or a t-bone to share, and absolutely love the fresh-made table-side caesar. I'm also not sure what they do with their sautéed mushrooms, but it's also a favorite of ours. Part of what makes it so special is the atmosphere, the decor is tasteful and the service never disappoints. Will be back again and again. Other places don't even come close, and we've tried them all.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
“You HAVE to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I celebrated his 40th birthday this past Saturday at Jacobs. It was, by far, the best meal I have ever eaten. I booked the reservation online and I mentioned that we were celebrating. After our server, David, greeted us, he came back with 2 glasses of champagne. As a server, he was absolutely outstanding. He spent quite a bit of time going over the menu in detail, talking about the different farms, what sets them apart from each other and the particular nuances with each cut of meat. Given their extensive steak menu, my boyfriend was in heaven. After enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail we ordered our meals: a steak, sea bass, mushrooms, duck fat french fries. My boyfriend said the steak was the best one he has ever eaten. I am not even a steak fan and I thought it was delicious. The duck fat fries were amazing! And the sea bass was light and full of flavor. We rounded out the meal with 2 desserts (cheesecake and monkey bread) and some after dinner cocktails.

I've already recommended this place to several people. Why? 1) the service is top notch. David was excellent start to finish. Attentive without hovering. Gave excellent recommendations (and we asked his opinion several times). Never once made us feel rushed (and we were there over 3.5 hours). 2) the food is to die for. My boyfriend actually said that he felt a little sad when his steak was gone. I couldn't stop picking at my dessert even though I was full. And the muffins they give you for tomorrow's breakfast is a nice touch. 3) the little things that add up. My boyfriend asked the server for a wine recommendation with his steak. He brought out a bottle and glass for him to sample. He decided to order it and the server went to get a new glass and a new, unopened bottle of wine even though the bottle he sampled from was almost full. They give you a little trio of sea salts from around the globe and a trio of sauces with your steak. Jacobs is not cheap, by any stretch. The bill for the two of us was $330 but it was well spent. I would gladly go back and spend that money on a meal at Jacobs if we were celebrating something special.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“One of the best steakhouses in the world!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Forget about BLT, Ruth Chris and Morlton's this is a much higher experience! The fact that the menu changes each daybtonreveal the best cuts of meat available says much about this place! Definitely outstanding! Wide selection of steaks, wines and salads. No steak lover should ever miss this place!!!

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I come here every now and then and are always blown away by the delicious food and the great atmosphere. No point in trying anything other than the steak because it is the best you'll have in Toronto. Servers are very knowledgeable as far as food pairings go and if they recommend something, do it!

• Visited April 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“Decadent Beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wow. The choice of beef is overwhelming. Two of our large party chose several cuts and sides. All were placed on our table and we ate family style which our server encouraged. First we shared several apps - oysters, shrimp, ceasar salad, steak tartar...all perfect.
I don't think I'll be having any beef for the next couple of months. I hit my red meat and fat quota, plus some, last night.
The sides were all good, but the duck fat fries were the best!
Can't say I'll go back. Although I'm sure it's worth it for steak lovers, it's a little too pricey for the average person to visit very often.
Certainly a great steakhouse experience.