“Best steakhouse in the city!”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 8,895 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Amazing steaks/food, beautiful decor, great ambiance and excellent services. What more can I say? :) This is my first time going to Jacobs and although it is on the expensive side it was well worth it. The staffs were welcoming and our waiter was very knowledgeable from the different types of wine to the different types of steaks they offer. They have a great variety of steaks to choose from and it was cooked to perfection (We had the Wagyu Beef and another kind from PEI). Aside from our yummy steaks and sides, we also tried their famous Caesar Salad which was delicious. Although we were full from our meal, we still tried their desserts and I must say, I was not disappointed (We had the Warm Apple Crumble w/ ice cream, Cheesecake and Flourless Chocolate Cake to share). When we asked for the bill, the waiter came with the bill along with plate of chocolates to end our day and wrapped muffins for us to start our morning, which i thought was a nice touch. All in all you get what you paid for, yes, it's expensive, however you should treat yourself once in a while to a great restaurant. Don't forget to make a reservation to avoid disappointment :) ENJOY!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My experience of steakhouses have usually been dated, dimly lit, overly plush spaces (think medieval) with stuffy, intimidating, middle-aged servers dressed in tuxedos. This is somewhat what I was expecting when I went to Jacobs. Boy was I wrong! The restaurant is quite minimalistic, modern, and noisy...the servers extremely down-to-earth, approachable, friendly and knowledgeable.

My husband and I were there for our anniversary. I was disappointed by the fact that we were seated in such close proximity to other couples (within arm`s reach on each side) ...not exactly the intimate, romantic setting I would have hoped for, but that was my only complaint. The food was absolutely delicious! We started off with drinks- aperitif for him and champagne cocktail for me...yummy. For appetizers we had the Oysters Rockefeller Trio, and probably the best Carpaccio I have ever had...so tender and flavourful! For mains we shared the Sea Bass and Ribeye Steak (which they carved for us). Both were absolutely delicious and I loved the salts and condiments that came with the steak (can`t pick a favourite!). For sides we ordered Rapini (had a bit of kick), Mushrooms (they were alright), and Potato Gratin that I dream about! I had a glass of the California Cabernet Sauvignon. Pricey at $22 a glass, but whatever. We laughed out loud when they mentioned dessert. We couldn`t eat another bite! They did give us each a small chocolate, as well as muffins to go which our daughters enjoyed the next day for breakfast.

Overall, the whole meal was worth the price we paid and I would like to think that, had my husband informed them that it was our anniversary, we would have been seated at a more private table. I can`t wait to go back...would love to go with a few couples so that we could sit at the banquette!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

One of the best steaks I have ever had the joy of sinking my teeth into. Expensive? Yeah it is. Worth it? Mos def! Great service that is attentative without being overbearing.
The steaks are cooked to prefection and you can taste the difference instantly.
Small but decent caviar selection as well.
The wine list is extensive and reasonalbly priced in comparision to the rest of the menu.
I highly recommend this joint!

1  Thank joeduarte1978
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family selected this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. Beautiful modern decor with welcoming staff at the front entrance. We started with the delicious caesar salad made tableside and it certainly didn't disappoint. If you are an anchovy fan, opt for the extra spanish anchovy as well. We had the striploin and rib-eye. My son in fact said this was the best steak he has every had (the rib-eye). Our striploins were delicious as well! For side-dishes we shared an order of duck fat fries (amazing), potatoes gratin (fantastic), green beans (prepared perfectly). For dessert we shared the 12 layer chocolate cake. 2 servings were large enough for 4 people to enjoy. Service overall was good, however, became very slow near the end of the evening.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been here more than a dozen times. The steak is always outstanding. I have never had a better steak than at Jacob's. The wine list is excellent and the service is wonderful. It is not inexpensive but it is well worth the visit. Make a reservation.