“50/50”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: Brant Street
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50/50”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Its a big chance that you might get good meat, but its only sometimes. The service is good, but its too slow. Wine list is extremely overpriced. Be prepared to pay 500-800 cad for two including drinks.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kukis123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Florida
“Divine Filet”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Six of us arrived forty minutes late for 6:30 reservations, but our table awaited. We chose seating in the piano bar area - the basement and were relieved of our coats at the hostess station. Our table near the fireplace made for a cozy ambiance. The pianist was perfect ... not too loud, not obnoxious, definitely relevant.
Don't be in a hurry when you dine here. Top shelf liquors are abundant, and excellent wine choices are plentiful. Enjoy the music and the fire. Sample the appetizers. Caesar salads were prepared at our table and were crisp, chilled, perfect.
The menu is steak, steak and steak. A specialist explains each meat selection while you peruse your options. Plan to spend from $38 to $1,000 on your choice of steak entree. Most entrees are under $100.
Despite all the lovely cuts of meat and selections available, I gravitate toward filet mignon when I rarely opt to eat beef. I ordered a 6 oz filet, medium, which was precisely prepared. A perfectly charred exterior and pink middle. The word exquisite comes to mind when I recall every tender mouthful.
Each of us chose a different side to compliment our steak, and we shared all six. All were delectable, but I especially loved the grilled asparagus. We spent about three hours enjoying the food, drinks, ambiance. The tab for six people was about $900.
Four entree items are available for people who don't eat beef - a chicken entree, maybe a pasta. None are memorable, and I wouldn't dine here if I didn't plan to eat the ultimate steak. When you're in the mood for a prime cut of beef, though, you can't miss at Jacob's.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank FancyFree55
Toronto, Canada
“My expectations were to great”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has been recommended to me by all those in my social sphere, and i finally had the opportunity to visit. My expectations where high, I am a steak afficianado and was very excited, I ordered the extremely expensive wyagu beef tenderloin and although it was good it was not expectionally. The service was good and the joint has flare but after a $600 for two which was apps main desert and a fair amount of scotch, I did not leave feeling enriched and satisfied. By all means try this restaurant but there are far greater steak houses.

Toronto, Canada
“The best steakhouse in Toronto”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is, by far, the best steak you will have in Toronto. The food is excellent and the service is impeccable. I've eaten there many times and have never been disappointed. It is pricey, but worth every cent. Don't miss it!

• Visited December 2012
Orlando, FL
“Remarkable”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Attended on business and the service and food was incredible. An absolutely remarkable steak albeit one of the most pricey steaks I have ever had. The cheapest steak ( meat itself) is a 6oz at $42 plus $15 side dishes. If you are on a very open expense account then I highly recommend this. Place. If you are on a date and trying to impress someone I would go elsewhere as the restaurant is very loud and not entirely intimate. All that aside, I would not pass up an invitation to revisit...if someone else was picking up the bill