“The best steakhouse in Toronto”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 8,576 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Toronto, Canada
“The best steakhouse in Toronto”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is, by far, the best steak you will have in Toronto. The food is excellent and the service is impeccable. I've eaten there many times and have never been disappointed. It is pricey, but worth every cent. Don't miss it!

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Orlando, FL
“Remarkable”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Attended on business and the service and food was incredible. An absolutely remarkable steak albeit one of the most pricey steaks I have ever had. The cheapest steak ( meat itself) is a 6oz at $42 plus $15 side dishes. If you are on a very open expense account then I highly recommend this. Place. If you are on a date and trying to impress someone I would go elsewhere as the restaurant is very loud and not entirely intimate. All that aside, I would not pass up an invitation to revisit...if someone else was picking up the bill

“My favourite Toronto steakhouse”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to Jacobs several times and have never been disappointed. Starting with the popovers, sharing a bone-in fork tender steak with duck fat frites, washed down with a killer red wine - and ending with muffins to take home for breaky - it's just all so very good.

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Best steak in Toronto!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wow, the steak is just to die for! I had never seen 85 day dry aged steak until I came here, and the taste certainly is incredible. The Caesar salad is tossed in front of your very eyes from scratch and is amazing. Duck fat fries are heaven. Desserts are fantastic too. The very next day we felt like going back again but of course this top quality steakhouse demands top prices too. We have been to Morton's and Ruth Chris in toronto, but Jacobs is definitely the King of Steaks in toronto and possibly Canada!

Visited January 2013
Ontario
“Great steak but...”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The steak is excellent, no doubt. Can't fault this restaurant on the food. The wine list is extensive but very pricey with more than the average mark-up. It is hard to find a decent wine for a reasonable price. More lower priced selections would be welcomed. I found the atmosphere to be cold and spartan. We were seated in a booth that had a very large lamp overhead. It was austere, bulky, and not very practical as we had to duck to avoid hitting it when we entered or exited the booth. The length of the booth was also a problem. We had to hand the food to the people seated at the end of the booth as the waiter could not reach them. I don't mind helping out but when hot plates arrive and they are handing me the napkin to hold the plate, I don't feel like I am being waited on any longer. We also cleared our own plates to the end of the table so the staff could reach them. Someone wasn't thinking when they designed the seating. Also a minor complaint about the valet parking - they insist the charge is added to the bill. What is the reasoning behind this? To increase the bill (and thus the tip) and then tip the valet again? Also found a slight odour in the piano lounge, almost like stale booze.
All in all, excellent food but for the price, I would prefer a nicer interior and more convenient service. My personal preference when spending hundreds of dollars on dinner is to be in a much warmer, elegant atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012