“Fantastic Selection”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 9,043 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I chose Jacobs based on a few recommendations from locals. We were only able to get a reservation at 6pm so call ahead if you prefer a later dinner. The staff were attentive and knowledgeable on all of the wine and beef. We both ate delicious tenderloin- cooked perfectly and had great sides to go with our meal. My favorite was the potato gratin - tremendous! The wine selection was outrageous so it was difficult to choose. At the end of the meal, you're given chocolate chip coffee cake to bring home with you to eat the next morning. Jacobs pays attention to detail and executes well. We loved our meal and will definitely come back on our next trip to Toronto!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently had a business dinner at Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse and it was an excellent meal. The steaks are fantastic and the server was efficient and very helpful in answering any questions we had regarding the menu. This is definitely are very expensive establishment but in my opinion the cost is worth it. I have been to several similarly priced steakhouses and Jacobs is far less pretentious with a more relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank NKLounger
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a great place to take your SO. Its high class, and great quality. Its a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. In terms of steak this is the best Toronto has to offer in my opinion, cooked perfect every time. The servers are all dressed professionally and are courteous. The atmosphere is classy and warm. Not the best place to bring children, better for dates or corporate events and so on. I will be going back

2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ive been a few times and usually had a great time. However, I went last week and will not go again. Sure the food was good, and expectedly overpriced. However, there was a mix up where the waiter thought one of us ( a 165 lbs lean guy) ordered the 20 oz steak. Long story short one of the waiters said they'd only charge us for the 10 oz which was ordered. I wouldnt expect them to do anything else obviously. But i noticed the next day they charged for the 20 oz 180 $ steak. This is where things went downhill. I emailed the restaurant and the manager comes back to me saying 1. The large steak was ordered and 2. They did not agree to change the price. After that he offered to give a gift card for the difference. The tone was shocking. I spent 1500 (we also had expensive wine) and he accuses me of lying about my experience there. I emailed back saying to keep the gift card and reminded him that the common sense thing to do is say "sorry for the misunderstanding" rather than tell me that I'm lying about my experience. So then he emails back that "those are the facts". I'm flabergasted.

For the record this is my only review on tripadvisor. I'm not a complaining type but this guy is a piece of work.

26  Thank happytraveller9973
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a little surprised that at the time I'm writing this, Jacobs and Co is the 2nd ranked out of 3000 restaurants in Toronto. Good steak?.. absolutely.... it was an awesome piece of meat. I got the USDA ribeye and it was perfected cooked to my liking, tender, flavorful - best steak I've had in a while. I also really enjoyed the accompaniments to the steak – the chimichiri sauce, compound butter, yuzo teriyaki, various salts (although they were dropped off with no explanation). The sides we chose included duck-fat cooked French fries (average), brocolini (fine – just simply steamed) and potatoes gratin (again, just ok). Our server Henry was good. Nice room, good vibe and atmosphere. Having said that, I wasn’t a fan of waiting 45 minutes for our table despite having reservations (although we did enjoy some excellent cocktails in the downstairs lounge prior to being seated. I also think the wine markup is brutal. In short, great steak.

1  Thank billybob101