“Great place for steak..”

Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 8,516 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King St. West
Transit: Brant Street
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place for steak..”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a little surprised that at the time I'm writing this, Jacobs and Co is the 2nd ranked out of 3000 restaurants in Toronto. Good steak?.. absolutely.... it was an awesome piece of meat. I got the USDA ribeye and it was perfected cooked to my liking, tender, flavorful - best steak I've had in a while. I also really enjoyed the accompaniments to the steak – the chimichiri sauce, compound butter, yuzo teriyaki, various salts (although they were dropped off with no explanation). The sides we chose included duck-fat cooked French fries (average), brocolini (fine – just simply steamed) and potatoes gratin (again, just ok). Our server Henry was good. Nice room, good vibe and atmosphere. Having said that, I wasn’t a fan of waiting 45 minutes for our table despite having reservations (although we did enjoy some excellent cocktails in the downstairs lounge prior to being seated. I also think the wine markup is brutal. In short, great steak.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank billybob101

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
“Excellent steak”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Best steak I've had in Toronto. The sides are great too, especially the frites and mushrooms. The Caesar salad is done at the table from scratch. Service was ok by Toronto standards but should have been better for this kind of place. For some reason we were seated in the bar close to the washroom although the dining room wasn't busy, so ambiance was poor. I will return here but not to sit in the bar.

1 Thank Roxtor
Orillia
“Really Satisfied - Worth Every Penny!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Honestly, this place is great. Excellent ambiance, the food quality is fantastic. The steak just melts in your mouth. Service was great, (wish he had a tad more enthusiasm) but overall, would highly recommend and am planning a return visit.
Ceasar salad at the table, a huge hit. Ribeye steak, delicious, with the blue cheese butter YUM!
You get what you pay for - and I love it!

Thank you Jacobs for an incredible evening out.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto
“No complaints”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This restaurant had it all (except for maybe parking). The caesar salad was made fresh at our table. The staff were knowledgable about the menu. I had risotto and enjoyed it. All the steak eaters raved about their dishes. We were a large group there for a birthday and they brought out a very good carrot cake. The atmosphere is dark and sophisticated. Nice place for a fancy dinner out.

• Visited May 2012
ontario
“The waiter sold us but the food couldn't hold us!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Let me begin by saying that Jacobs came recommended by a dear friend whom I've had the pleasure of dining around Toronto with for the last 20 yrs or so since our days at UofT. The valet parking was a welcome touch as we came in from Oakville and were running about 5 min behind schedule due to construction etc.We were escorted to our table upstairs and given a very educational overview of beef, its origins as it pertains to the menu. We ordered a pinot grigio which was not available so the waiter took it upon himself to bring forth two alternatives that were similar and interesting. Some people might find this a tad offensive but I applauded his bravado and reciprocated by taking one of the selections for the table. It was very good. We ordered the ceasar salads prepared tableside which was very nice as it afforded us an opportunity to chat up another staff member. Salads were good. We ordered our steaks and it ranged from medium to medium well .The waiter brought some salts to add to the steaks which was interesting, the bread which reminded me of yorkshire puddings were very inviting and went well with the butter. The problem started when my steak that I ordered medium came to me more on the well done side the flavor was good but the juiciness was lacking. I pondered as to
sending it back and decided that for over $50 for 8oz I wanted more than mediocrity. I sent it back and it came back medium rare so I decided to take it home and eat it for lunch the next day.The next day my parents who were the ones picking up the tab as it was my birthday dinner apologized . They said we have better for less but the waiter was a very good salesman. That is my take on Jacobs and I am sticking to it until ???

• Visited September 2012