“Downtown gem”
Review of Frank Restauran

Frank Restauran
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank Restauran is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 8,656 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: McCaul Street
Transit: St. Patrick Subway Station on the University line. 2 blocks east of University on south side of Dundas Street (at the intersection of McCaul St. and Dundas).
Description: One of the Frank Gehry-designed spaces, FRANK restaurant is conveniently located on the first floor with access from Dundas Street. The restaurant is casual chic: modern Danish furnishings are paired with acrylic tabletops in a multitude of vibrant colours. Etched glass and vertical-grain Douglas fir also accent the space. Anne Yarymowich has served as executive chef at the AGO since 1996. She has created a new restaurant menu featuring contemporary comfort cuisine and showcasing the best of Ontario’s agricultural products.
Toronto, Canada
“Downtown gem”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Gem of a little place for business lunches in the downtown. Artful surroundings and delicious food, nicely presented as you would expect in an art gallery. Service was extremely friendly and efficient.

• Visited February 2013

Toronto
“Nice place while at the AGO”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently had lunch here during winterlicious. The food was very good and it is a nice spot if you want to make a day out of visiting the Gallery.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank AnnaDM
Canada
“Winterlicious Dinner with friends”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I just got back from Winterlicious dinner here with two of my friends and I was quite impressed. For $35 we received a 3 course meal- to start I had the goat cheese with beets, apple cole slaw etc. It was excellent and I don't even really like beets! For the main course they had a huge selection but I decided to get the bison burger with bacon, frites and housemade ketchup. I never usually get burgers at places because they all taste the same to me. This burger was great! It was also HUGE! Loved the different dipping sauces that we got as well. For dessert, I ended with a slice of pecan pie which was tasty.

I have to say that I have been having excellent luck with my Winterlicious restaurant picks and FRANK is now included in the list of places I would recommend. Also- for some reason I never venture out to this part of town- coming to FRANK has made me want to come back and explore the gallery and the area.

Few tips- you can get to this place just by hopping on the subway, getting off at the St Patrick station and walking west for 2 blocks. Also- make sure you check your bill if you are splitting. Waitress made an honest mistake! Would I return? Yes!

• Visited February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good food, nice cocktails - great place for brunch in Toronto”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We began our visit to the Art Gallery of Ontario with brunch at the Frank. A good solid art museum restaurant in my view. And a little over-priced in my view, but otherwise a good place.

The Frank Stella hanging sculpture that fills the atrium next to the restaurant is wonderful. Unfortunately, if you are in the lower half of the restaurant, which is where most of the tables are, you can't see the sculpture very well. But the entire restaurant is so stylishly designed, that wherever you sit, you will feel that you are in a swank place.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Artful food, worthy of a gallery”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a terrific lunch here with my family. I loved the themed Diego and Frida menu to accompany the exhibit I had just seen. The decor was chic, the server was perky and efficient.

The prix-fixe menu was an upscale, modernist take on Mexican classics for the theme that day. I loved the Christmas salad of avocado, greens, pomegranate, papaya, pepitas and such, and so pretty on the plate. The short rib burrito was perfect as were the churros with dulce the leche and chocolate dipping sauces. Hubby had the brulee rice pudding and fish tacos, equally satisfying.

The one star loss was for the snotty, incompetent hostess(es). Really? 2 of you and neither one can disperse the 10 people waiting in line? Really blondie? You have to roll your eyes at someone waiting to be seated for over 10 minutes while you chatted with your friends and seated the ahead of someone with a reservation that had arrived before your friends with NO reservation? It was a negative start to what would have been a perfect lunch

• Visited December 2012