“Went in with low expectations due to some poor reviews, but left happy (and full)!”
Review of Nyood - CLOSED

Cross street: Queen and Dovercourt
Transit: Streetcar-Queen and Dovercourt
Toronto
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just myself and my wife celebrating a special occasion on a Saturday night, and we thought to give Nyood a try based upon the recommendation of a co-worker. I was a little nervous given some of the online reviews I read, which trashed the service, which turned out to be completely unfounded. The tapas fare was very satisfying and for 2 people it turned out 4 dishes and 1 side order (artichoke chorizo) was plenty. The food was mostly very nice, the pasta special was underwhelming, but the rest, incluiding prime rib, mushroom bread and lamb bread, were all tasty. The wine was excellent and the wife drank Franch Twists. Would go again, but probably on a different day of the week as I wasn't crazy about all the party-crowd that was coming in as I guess it has a club upstairs which brings them in.

Beverly Hills, California
“not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I travel to toronto for work constantly and I used to love this place. the atmosphere is still great but I must say that the food is not as good. Perhaps they changed the chef or owner?

• Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great decor, food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had read in the Wallpaper* Guidebook about this having great decor. It was attractive with good service and a good menu. Love the edgy and hip neighborhood!

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“One of the worst experiences I have had at an 'trendy' restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

If you are looking for the worst customer service then make a reservation here.
If you want an evening of getting yelled at by the defensive uptight, emotional manager, then make a reservation.
If you want tasteless food in portions smaller than tapas style, this place is for you.

My friends and I planned an evening among a group of 16 friends for a group birthday.. We were really looking forward to a night out with great food and friends. Needless to say, we were more than disappointed with the food and service...but nothing compared to when we tried to politely give the manager feedback, only to be yelled at by him, then ignored. I get that people can have bad days, but if you are in customer service and people are paying A LOT of money to eat at your restaurant, you need to put that aside and LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER.

I rarely complain and it takes a lot for me to actively write a poor review...but this was one of the worst experiences I have had in a 'trendy' restaurant such as this.

Good luck to them...they will need it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jayme T
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Club and Bar for 20's - Pathetic Restaurant”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Food was actually pretty good but the place if falling apart... literally (menu, walls, sour milk, sound system, freezing temp) For 20 somethings understand the draw but don't even think about dining there. Put it this way, we reserved 6 people for 7pm and were told we had to get out of our table by 9:00pm because the "club" was starting. Host seemed friendly but lacked sencerity for really wanting to take care of us (even after spending $650 on dinner and wine).

• Visited February 2012