“Food is good but could use some renovations”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Arriba Restaurant

Arriba Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arriba Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Front St.
Transit: TTC. Nearest subway is union station. Spadina streetcar.
Description: Arriba delivers a dynamic high-energy atmosphere combined with incredible views into the Rogers Centre. The restaurant and lounge are multi purpose spaces with a contemporary look, and are perfect for a meal with friends while watching the game or to gather for drinks. Executive Chef Dave Arseneau lets the freshest foods of the season inspire his menus and showcases the best of Ontario's growers. Familiar dishes combine global flavours with local ingredients. Professional service combined with an innovative menu and imaginative cocktails provide a truly memorable dining experience in the restaurant or lounge.
Toronto, Canada
“Food is good but could use some renovations”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here because of a Travel Zoo promotion. It was a great deal. As a couple, we got an appetizer and a main each, and we shared a dessert. Food was plentiful and very tasty. Steak was done to perfection and very tender. I would have appreciated more vegetables, but it is typical of Toronto restaurants to skimp on the veggies.

Service was decent, and water was refilled regularly. Wine by the glass was so,we hat pricey for the selection available.

The biggest disappointment was the decor. Outdated, unattractive, old and sparse.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Vicki T
Katerina L, Manager at Arriba Restaurant, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Vicki T,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience in Arriba Restaurant! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner and appreciate your feedback in regards to the outdated decor. Fortunately, we are expecting future renovations, however in the meantime we hope to have impressed you with our food & service and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. Sincerely, Katerina Lagoudakis- Food and Beverage Services Manager at Toronto Renaissance Downtown Hotel.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Mentor, Ohio
“Disappointing birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We chose to eat at Arriba prior to a concert. It wasn't our first choice, but as we were running short on time, it was our best option.

When our server came to take our drink order, he promptly walked away after I said I only wanted water. We had to ask twice for a drink menu for my husband, and when my husband got his beer, the glass he was given was dirty and had water in it.

Entrees took quite awhile to come out considering there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. my entrée was quite disappointing, the mushroom ravioli. It was incredibly salty. My husband had the fish and chips which was decent, but very greasy. For sure over priced for what you get.

Once we were done eating, we had to ask three times for our check, the service was very disorganized.

Overall, unless you are planning on watching a game here (which would get expensive real quick! Prices are high!) I would say skip it.

Steve F, Manager at Arriba Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear braylady86,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent experience in Arriba Restaurant. I am saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to offer my sincere apologies and assure you that we take all our guest comments very seriously. We have strict food quality and service standards in place and I will ensure proper follow up occurs. I hope that you will decide to dine with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back personally. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call. Sincerely, Steve Froemmel - Director of Food & Beverage
Ajax, Canada
“Really good!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on Travelzoo for this restaurant so decided to try it out. Food was excellent, I had the steak and my partner had the chicken. Both meals were terrific. The appetizers were the best, pulled pork tacos were scrumptious and zesty and the fried calamari was done perfectly. For dessert we had the pecan tart which was just 'meh'. Our table overlooked the Rogers Centre field which was very cool. Service was good, they forgot a drink at one point but other than that it was friendly and efficient. I'd definitely go back if we got another deal.

• Visited April 2014
ontario
“Not my first visit but most impressive”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten breakfast here before and it's very good but we stayed her for the weekend and the Supercross races were on which we were attending so we were in and out of this restaurant throughout the day to feed children or to have drinks or have a visit with other friends in the later evening but we ordered several appetizers and they were so very good specifically the bacon caramelized onion dip with chips homemade chips very very good! It also gave people something to look at while we were socializing with a view of the track below

Visited March 2014
Katerina L, Manager at Arriba Restaurant, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear yelsel71,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us in Arriba Restaurant! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your appetizers and the view from our restaurant. You "hit the nail" on our famous Chips and Dip, we are very proud of this signature item and it's truly flavourful!! We hope to see you and your family again and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. Sincerely, Katerina Lagoudakis -Food and Beverage Services Manager at Toronto Renaissance Downtown Hotel.
Boston, MA
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at the Renaissance, where the restaurant is located, and had one dinner and three breakfasts at Arriba. The service is friendly and good, the food was well done and generally affordable.

Visited February 2014