“Always top notch”

Neighborhood: North End
Toronto, Ontario
“Always top notch”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been to Mogette several times, with my husband and with friends, and it has never failed to provide fantastic food, good service and a warm welcome. I like to try new restaurants and when they do not measure up I am always reminded that I should stick with the tried and true. Whether it is meat or fish, desserts or appetizers, Mogette hits the right notes every time. Even if you don't live in the area, try this restaurant - better than heading downtown by far. It seems to fly under the radar, so I hope it is around for us to enjoy for a long, long time.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank KBPtravels

Toronto, Canada
“Tres charm ant bistro”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been here several times. The food is delicious, service quiet and professional and atmosphere tres chic.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 394mariam
Bobcaygeon, Canada
“A Treasure In Our Midst!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our third visit to this awesome little bistro. Excellent food, awesome service and great wines. One of our favourite restaurants in the area. If you live in or visit the Eglington and Mt. Pleasant area, check Mogette out. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank David S
Toronto
“Authentic French Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This restaurant has been around for 4 years and I can't believe I was unaware of its existence.
Although I have more than 70 contributions to TripAdvisor I rarely write about restaurants.

This restaurant however, deserves a mention.

I had 3 courses: Started with Fricassee of mushrooms: perfectly cooked and amazing flavours.
I then had the duck confite: The best I have ever tasted. Perfectly cooked with a subtle sweet Peach sauce. Rivals anything I have eaten in France.
Dessert was a Vanilla Creme Anglaise with Chocolate Ganache. This is like trying to describe a colour! Eat it and you will see what I mean.

All 4 at our table thoroughly enjoyed their food. ( Salmon, Cornish hen, Mussels )

Service is excellent. The Baguette is amazing and crisp.The waiter admitted to us that this is brought in from Thobor's Boulangerie Patisserie a block away. Why compete with a bakery that makes perfect baguette??

A fantastic find in Toronto. If the celebs at the TIFF found out about this place, they would be swarming to get in.

Its a little noisy but hey, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

$90 for two excluding tip but including 3 courses and a glass of wine each.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Tokalosh
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic neighbourhood bistro!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Went here last night with some friends based on the previous reviews. Absolutely delish! I had the sardines and tomatoes followed by the rack of lamb. Both were superb. We had the special sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Tres yummy! Greet service and a lovely evening.

2 Thank Lesley S