“A Treasure In Our Midst!”
Review of Mogette - CLOSED

Mogette
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our third visit to this awesome little bistro. Excellent food, awesome service and great wines. One of our favourite restaurants in the area. If you live in or visit the Eglington and Mt. Pleasant area, check Mogette out. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank David S

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This restaurant has been around for 4 years and I can't believe I was unaware of its existence.
Although I have more than 70 contributions to TripAdvisor I rarely write about restaurants.

This restaurant however, deserves a mention.

I had 3 courses: Started with Fricassee of mushrooms: perfectly cooked and amazing flavours.
I then had the duck confite: The best I have ever tasted. Perfectly cooked with a subtle sweet Peach sauce. Rivals anything I have eaten in France.
Dessert was a Vanilla Creme Anglaise with Chocolate Ganache. This is like trying to describe a colour! Eat it and you will see what I mean.

All 4 at our table thoroughly enjoyed their food. ( Salmon, Cornish hen, Mussels )

Service is excellent. The Baguette is amazing and crisp.The waiter admitted to us that this is brought in from Thobor's Boulangerie Patisserie a block away. Why compete with a bakery that makes perfect baguette??

A fantastic find in Toronto. If the celebs at the TIFF found out about this place, they would be swarming to get in.

Its a little noisy but hey, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

$90 for two excluding tip but including 3 courses and a glass of wine each.

4  Thank Tokalosh
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Went here last night with some friends based on the previous reviews. Absolutely delish! I had the sardines and tomatoes followed by the rack of lamb. Both were superb. We had the special sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Tres yummy! Greet service and a lovely evening.

2  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Remember that little bistro in Paris. The one in the 5 th - with the excellent food and charming owners? At this restaurant, located among small restaurants, art and antique dealers, owner-operated shops you will experience the Toronto equivalent. Granted its not Europe but the owners' charm make you feel welcome and extremely well fed. Reserve ahead, it's often full and enjoy!.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Went again this week[for our wedding anniversary] and had a wonderful experience. Hot towelletes to clean the hands,warm bread with red pepper pate preceded an excellent meal with professional servers.' Interesting main course of a large serving perch fish, an enormous shrimp, and equally large scallop with a piquant salsa of corn and red peppers. I had chocolate icecream for dessert that was home made and superb