“Better than expected”
Review of Ago Bistro

Ago Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Ago Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 9,388 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Great food, art and culture are always on the menu at AGO Bistro. Located in the Art Gallery of Ontario, AGO Bistro is an award-winning restaurant designed by the world-renowned, Toronto-born Frank Gehry. The AGO is Gehry’s first building in Canada and AGO Bistro is proud and honoured to be a part of it. Whether for Brunch, Lunch, Dinner or Drinks, you and your guests will enjoy delicious meals prepared with local seasonal fare and quality fresh ingredients. Prix fixe menu choices are also available for Lunch and Dinner, inspired by the special art exhibitions to enhance your complete Gallery experience.
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Simple menu ,well presented and a reasonable price plus very fast service .
Tried the Bistro Burger and it was one of the best I have had in Toronto for awhile , not cheap but not an absurd price .
I will go back just to eat as it’s a seperate enterance from the Gallery

Reviewed July 31, 2018

I had received a long distance membership as a gift and it included a 20% off coupon for the bistro, so I decided to give it a try. The tomato and pepper soup was delicious and the texture was not like a typical tomato soup (it was like a more purified broth). They had to substitute the arctic char with salmon but they did inform me first and it was very delicious. The chef's choice of cookies and truffles consisted of 4 cookies and one truffle; they were very good but I wish there was more. The chairs were very comfortable and the service was good. The prices are a little upscale. It is a good place to go after visiting the galleries.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Went to see the Inuit and K. Kollwitz exhibit at the AGO....both excellent. Unfortunately, our lunch choices were not as stellar. The flat bread was most uninteresting as was the caprese salad which had no zip....balsamic forgotten perhaps?
Our server was excellent as always, but very disappointed in the quality of the food served. I hope this was just not a good day in the kitchen. My frin ds who order the chicken and tagliatelle were pleased, so I was the one who made the wrong choice.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

AGO Bistro
Disappointing with respect to food and menu lacks creativity. Had eaten at AGO’s main restaurant in March and the food was delicious but not this time. It was my birthday so I suggested that we go to the AGO Bistro for my birthday lunch. We ordered the Pan-Friend Arctic Char and both mains were not properly cooked. As I began eating the fish I noticed that the fish was lukewarm and it was not cooked all the way through. My husband’s Char was also in the same condition so we sent both dishes back. I asked our server if they would prepare new fish dishes and she said she would ask them to do that. However, when our dishes reappeared it seemed that they we had the same two pieces of fish we had sent back. Our server was embarrassed and asked us if we wanted to order something else so we did. Our server, Jessica, was great and we have always found the service there terrific. They also adjusted our bill so that we had an order of scones and a glass of wine free. The scones were delicious. As AGO members it appears that AGO Bistro dining experiences are inconsistent so I do not know what is happening in their kitchen. What I do know is that the careful preparation of the food and attention to detail in presentation were missing with this latest dining experience. My birthday lunch did not enhance my gallery experience. I think AGO Bistro will be off my list until they fix some of what we experienced.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Went to the Bistro for our annual dinner. The Bistro was a bit hot. Food was excellent and very well prepared. Art on the walls exquisite. Nice place to meet. The Gallery was not to busy and good time was spend with old acquaintances.