“Everyone makes mistakes, how one handles them can set them apart” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Astor's

Jack Astor's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,618 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Toronto, Canada
“Everyone makes mistakes, how one handles them can set them apart”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hubby and I stopped in for a late bite after running errands at the Town Centre. Hostess was lovely and seated us promptly. Then, a young man came by to let us know that our server will be right over and sure enough he was. We had a pitcher of beer and it was refreshing to get it in a glass pitcher instead of plastic. Small detail but makes you feel good about sanitation. Anyhow, ordered the chili nachos and 1lb wings to share. Nachos: large, good and hot; the wings arrived cold.... extremely cold. We mentioned it to our server, Mike who promptly took them and said he would bring a new order right away. He was apologetic and a new, hot order arrived right away (and they were great). Then, a minute later, a floor manager appeared, apologized again and said that the wings were on the house. We did not expect that but it was a nice gesture that showed superior customer service. Because of that, will definitely go back!

One note, the ladies washroom could use more attention..... several stalls had no paper and was in need of a clean up...

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

First off, the name is very clever! It is what made us go there. The restaurant was very clean and the decor is fun! The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. It is conveniently located right across the street from the Scarborough Town Centre. This seems like a great place to go for lunch or dinner. I would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014
It's a Freeport Thing
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was a little disappointed when we first went there as I was told it was a steak house. But it is more like a TGIF type of place and for that it wasn't to bad. Steak was cooked nice, the drinks are poured a little on the light side and at that I think the drinks were over priced. Staff was very friendly.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Holy cow, Friday is superBusy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Great place, big, big bar and great seating area but still not enough for the amount out of people at 5:30pm.

The hostess was nice letting us know that it would be 1/2 hour waiting and we could wait at the bar. Trying to get the bartender was a challenge itself. Every single seat was filled. 1/2 hour on the dot we were seated.

The meal and our server were great but it was not cheap nor expensive. It was priced accordingly for the place.

I was missing the small salad on the plate besides of the burger and small side of fries. Also my server didn't tell me sweet potato sweet was an additional charge ( some restaurant don't charge extra). My assumption? Maybe but still, it should have been disclosed. I don't know mind if I'm told but at the moment I read the check, I was a little taken back.

My first time and probably last one since it is too crowded, noisy and looking or some place I can talk to my friend instead of yelling at them

Ajax, Canada
“fun place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

the food is good, service is fast and fun - and the guys just love the way the waitresses dress! Chicken parm at lunch is recommended

Visited February 2014