“Relaxed neighborhood spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harbord Room
Ranked #586 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Spadina Avenue
Transit: The closest Subway Stop is Spadina Station, but the Streetcar does stop at the intersection of Spadina and Harbord. The Wellesley bus does run east from Wellesley Subway Station as well.
Dakar, Senegal
“Relaxed neighborhood spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Good food, friendly service, warm ambiance. Many raw/vegetarian options though meat eaters are also well catered for. I would return.

Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Casual Cool Amazing Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I could go to Harbord Room any night of the week. It works well for any occasion. The food is amazing. Cocktails amazing. The atmosphere is amazing. The back patio is great in the summer. Sit at the bar if you can't get a table.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“I love this place. Phenomenal lemon curd w fennel ice cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were here a month ago, for my birthday. I LOVE the Harbord Room. We've been a few times - and while not cheap, it's worth it. We had the charcuteri board and oysters. I've had the charcuteri board before - fantastic - especially the pate and the egg - I have a passion for both (to the point of having to resist licking the board itself).
We'd both read so much about the burgers, so decided to go with them. They were good, but not the best I've ever had. I think I'll go with something else next time. Having said that, for dessert I had the lemon curd with the fennel ice cream. The MOST PERFECT DESSERT IN THE WORLD. It's so good I can't believe it's legal! I want to marry it. I should mention that the service is great, I always love the music. Drinks are wonderful (but not cheap). I'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barbara D
Montreal, Canada
“Always good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I love the intimate feel of this small restaurant. The service is attentive and friendly and the food is always good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DebPEI
Toronto, Canada
“Haven't had food of this calibre in maybe 20 years!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We read some reviews, live nearby, thought we'd try it out. No reservations available, but we did get seated at the bar. The music is GREAT (!!) albeit I'm an 80's alternative kinda girl, and this just made me happy happy happy! Nuff about that, the menu is interesting and drinks are lovely, infused concoctions or swoon-worthy herbs and tinctures. Not cheap but definitely excellent. Bar tender is friendly, and knows his stuff. The food is phenomenal. There used to be a great restaurant in the 80's called Curiousity on Bloor St, in the Annex (no idea who ran it, have looked online and can't find anything about it) and I don't think I've had food that good since then - until now. We've tried to get reservations since then, but our timing seems to be off. The staff are great, the decor is tasteful, they have a lovely outdoor patio in the back. This place makes me feel like there are still restaurants in Toronto who value the entire experience, food, drink, decor, music, customer service. To me, The Harbord Room is where I always want to go. Have heard tons about their burgers, may try one next time...I can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2013