“Cute and warm with excellent chocolates”
Review of MoRoCo Chocolat

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bay Street
Transit: Steps away from the TTC Bay Station
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I found MoRoCo to be a charming chocolatier and patisserie, but also surprisingly good choice for a laid back dinner. I came here on a whim while shopping in Yorkville. The amount of adorable candies, chocolates and macaroons was amazing - great for gifts and for anyone with a sweet tooth. They also serve brunch and dinner; I was able to be seated right away and the waitress even stashed mine and my two companions shopping bags. Salad nicoise and steak sandwich proved to be filling, well done and priced as expected for Yorkville. The highlight was the hot chocolate, which was literally like drinking cake through a straw. I recommend having that for dessert - too rich for dinner.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have visited this "chocolate paradise" numerous times, and have always left blissfully happy. Service can be slow, but we have always been well taken care of. The lavender macaroon is an absolute favorite!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Over the past couple of years I have been to this restaurant a few times while visiting Toronto and was pretty pleased with the service and food. I decided to take a business associate there yesterday - what a horrible decision! The service was brutally slow and the food, I can't even put into words how underwhelming it was. I can appreciate the lovely décor but when at a restaurant I am paying for service and quality of product, both of which were subpar I'm not sure what's happened since my last visit a couple of months back – change in management, new kitchen staff? Whatever it is, it's not working and I intend to take this off my list of Toronto favourites.

A waste of money and time.

2  Thank A M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I tried to call last night to make a reservation and no one answered so I assumed it was due to the busy dinner rush (on a Monday night...?). So I decided to call again today - just called at 245pm, well after the lunch rush and still before dinner. A nice woman picked up the phone, I told her I wanted to make a reservation and she said no problem, one moment please. I have now been on hold for over 15 minutes. I almost don't want to hang up just out of curiosity how long they will keep me waiting. Based on some other reviews and my experience just trying to reserve a table, I'm not sure I even want to bother with this place.

4  Thank Rachel O
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to try the Summerlicious menu. Seated on the patio fairly quickly, but then sat for almost a half hour with absolutely no one coming to our table. Watched as two wait staff brought water to other tables, took orders, delivered food, checked on how otherw were doing. Finally, the host seated someone at the table next to us and asked us if we had been helped. When I told him that we had been waiting for a half hour for someone to come to our table, he was not surprised or apologetic at all. In fact, he was quite dismissive - just said, "Oh, okay -we'll get someone over."
Yeah, we got up and left. Sorry, but bad service trumps good food any day of the week.

6  Thank shamrock123