Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
$149
  • Breakfast included
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$310
$441
$432
getaroom.com
1,591 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stminute walkfront desk staffpool and hot tubblue jaystoronto downtownbars and restaurantsjays gamequeen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We always use Hilton famliy hotels, and Hilton Garden Inn is my favorite. They have great rates, and works good for all purposes. We decided to sleep at the newly opened HGI Toronto Downtown. Good location, walking distance to all major attractions in Toronto. The hotel is brand new, fantastic rooms and public areas. Nice little indoor pool as well. Breakfast was splendid as usual at Hilton Garden Inn. Custom made omelets, with several side dishes and great selection of juice, milk, cereals and fruits. Possible to make your own waffle as well. Only con during the stay was that the hotel didn't provide cellphone chargers, since I had lost my converter and had to buy another one.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Misk15
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Just returned from a 2-night stay at this hotel for a little getaway with the husband and kids. It was so inexpensive for the area and amenities. Service was fast and friendly. Rooms are attractive and well-appointed with super comfortable beds We were traveling light and didn't bring our laptops so the business center with free internet was a definite plus. The lobby has delicious cookies every afternoon. The indoor pool and hot tub are nice and we had the whole area to ourselves when we went. After checkout the hotel kept our baggage for us so we could spend the day in Toronto without having to lug it around. The 15-minute walk to Union Station is very easy and convenient. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank juliea344
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Valet lost the key to our Mercedes Benz! We had to rent a car and travel back to US to have key made. Spent all Sunday morning making phone calls to figure situation out. Hotel did not offer taxi that day so I had to walk and pulled my back out. The rental agency was farther than they said, and my back got worse. Am currently seeking medical attention for it.

Many parties going on in hotel with loud music and screaming. At 10:30 requested we get different room. Hotel comped our room, but then double charged us. Had to spend much time fixing their error.

Key cards kept deactivating so we had to go up and down elevator several times to have it reactivated.

My husband had to drive back following week to Toronto from US after having been on the road for work for four days, to get our car back, that had been sitting underground under the hotel. Hotel offered lunch and room. Also offered professional driver to get car back. We did not feel comfortable putting matters in their hands.

All in all, the hotel never bent backwards to compensate for our time involved making calls, getting key made, needing time off work,and driving back. We were extremely inconvenienced (mother in law in hospital).

Rob Roy, Manager of hotel said he would call early last week to compensate. Never heard back. Have placed several calls to him. He has not called back.

The Intercontinental offered the same rate at this hotel. Unfortunately, we made the wrong decision on where to stay.

I would NOT recommend giving this hotel your business.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The hotel is close to downtown and near some good restaurants. There is a bar next door that plays music every night until 2 AM. The first night we complained and it was turned down. After that it kept us up every night. Parking is $35 a day and very steep.

The staff and rooms were adequate, but beware of the noise. It is not worth staying there. The hotel management needs to contact the city and the owners of the bar about the noise. It makes me want to never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed here for a week while on vacation. The hotel is new, modern, clean and steps from everything in Toronto. CN Tower, and all of downtown are blocks away. Steps from great places to eat on King Street and a short 2 blocks from Queen Street shops. ABout 500 yards from Gretzky's restaurant, Second City and more. Don't miss the Calphalon Culinary Centre on Spadina and the wonderful Kensington Market a short walk down Spadina. The reviewer who said this isn't the 'best part of town' doesn't know anything about Toronto - this is the BEST part of town!

We got the room WITH breakfast for the same price as without and it was a great idea -- breakfast is fabulous with made-to-order meals every morning! Friendly staff and the chef was walking around checking on patrons. Really great.

The staff is friendly and polite and the rooms are really nice with free Wifi, plus the free computers and printers in the business center. Microwave and fridge in room is also a plus and the Shoppers Mart is a block down so load up on popcorn, soda and more.

Budget Rental car is one block away and they have a great deal on rental cars and one of the friendliest staffs I've ever seen. Public transportation is all around you - get a day pass for $9 to ride all trains, streetcars and buses all day. The King St. streetcar is one block down.

I am a huge fan of Hilton hotels and this one exceeded my expectations. I read the reviews here before booking and I am glad I booked -- this is one hotel I would stay at again and again! And we DID for 8 days!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple