“Holiday Weekend in Toronto”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Kansas City, Missouri
“Holiday Weekend in Toronto”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Spent 2 nights here for a Thanksgiving holiday getaway to Canada. The airport express bus drops off at this hotel so its a good value from Pearson Airport if you don't mind the LONG travel time to downtown locales. The hotel is in the middle of Toronto's Entertainment District so lots of clubs, theatres and bars within spitting distance (literally). Shopping along Queen and King streets and the ever present Toronto street cars are readily accessible. Other areas (Eaton Centre and the CN Tower along the Lakefront) are walkable but more distant (15-20 mins). Generally easy to find a taxi here but beware of notorious Toronto traffic tieups! The hotel has a small Garden Inn layout with a nice inviting fireplace in the tiny lobby; perfect for warming up from the cold! Newspapers and in the evening cookies/biscuits are offered free at the front desk. We arrived VERY early to TO and while I had requested an early check-in with my reservation nothing is guaranteed. I was very pleased though for the desk clerk "Sett" who assisted in getting us a room straight away (on the 17th floor!) at 10 am. The hotel has a restaurant/lounge/rec facilities on the second story but we never visited. The hotel room was nicely appointed with an excellent bathroom equipped with one of the best shower features I've ever enjoyed on the road. The shower had ordinary spray nozzles above but also ones built into the wall that massaged you from behind/below. Great location and excellent/helpful staff. Really enjoyed our trip and not having to worry about the hotel made our weekend even more outstanding...we got ENGAGED during this trip and hope to be back to Toronto to celebrate the anniversary again!

Room Tip: Higher the floor = better. The hotel shares the same street with multiple night clubs along Peter St...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
rochester, ny
Reviewed December 2, 2013

very friendly staff, clean hotel, very quiet. close to most things. our room, had a fridge, and a microwave. along with a kerig coffee maker . they have valet parking.. it wasnt cheap..$40. but at least i knew i didnt have to alk in the fridgid weather to get my car. or search around for a parking spot.
just a block away we found a very nice diner, food was awesome..
yes i wold stay again

Room Tip: if you prefer a dark room for sleeping make sure you ask for one, that was my only complaint. the cu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

great location and very helpful staff . Rooms were a good size and well equipped with fridge and microwave. Just minutes from the fashion district and the Eaton centre was a 15 - 20 min walk.
Breakfast not so good and expensive. but lots of variety close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a one day conference. The staff is amazing - warm, welcoming, accommodating and helpful. I truly felt welcomed. The hotel is clean. The room was wonderful - large, king bed, all the amenities one needs for a business stay. My only complaint is that the bed was so firm it felt like a slab of concrete. I love a firm mattress but this was downright uncomfortable. The conference and meeting facilities are comfortable and well appointed. My only complaint in that regard was the sound system did not work well so speakers were very hard to hear.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location to walk to most of Downtown Toronto. The staff was great. Glad I was able to expanse the 40 dollars/day parking as it wasn't listed on my corporate travel tool. For those concerned, the establishment next door "Tryst" is a conventional night club and NOT "adult entertainment". (I was concerned that I was in a seedy part of town at first, but it really is safe and convenient). Theater district and Chinatown are both just a few blocks away.

Stayed November 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was convenient to make my business in this location of the hotel. It was accessble well for a tram, a cab and any other public trasportation. The distance from the air port is not so bad. There are relatively less number of dining places just next door of the hotel. However the hotel guest can find some French, Asian and others in wlaking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Aurora, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I did not have much of a stay at this hotel due to the length of the business convention Friday and Saturday. However, this is my experience during a short time at the hotel: My business partner is disabled, with some difficulty walking. Upon departure, I moved my vehicle closer to the alleyway entrance, since street entrance parking was taken by taxis, but the alley exit was blocked by vehicles on both sides so, I could not get out. My business partner was on his way down and as I was loading the vehicle with suitcases...an employee asked me to back my vehicle closer to the road. When I asked him to get the vehicles ahead moved so we can get out, he refused and insisted I back up...just as a limosine pulled up behind me and my business partner had not arrived. The employee did not care that my partner had difficulty walking and insisted that I back up all the while, refusing to get the vehilcles ahead blocking the exit moved; not to mention the fact that blocking the exit is a safety violation! So, the limosine had to back up unto the street so that I could back up unto the street and since there was no parking, I had to pull up a block away and call my business partner to let him know where I am...and he had to walk a block away in the rain. I was absolutely disgusted with this situation! Also, on the way back Friday and Saturday nights from a business convention, we encountered night club patrons in front of the hotel doors yelling, on cell phones making threats to someone, etc. I understand security was there in the lobby, but this made for not a safe environment! Just a horrible experience!! Definitely not satisfied!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn