“Clean, Quiet”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Close to everything, most employees are very friendly and accomodating. Food from the chef is great, hope they take my suggestions seriously about the pastries. for young poeple: night clubs very close by. For families: lots of shopping on Queen st and restaurants on King st. easy access to the Porter airport, CN Tower, 25 minutes walking distance to Eaton Centre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, most employees are very friendly. The beautiful young lady with bright eyes needs to get involved with her customer a little more, I.e; look at the customer in the eyes with a smile, she does listen but does not look interested.
Restaurant: we tried breakfast only. everything coming from the chef was really well prepared, fresh and hot. Pastries, such as tea biscuits, muffins, croissants etc, seriously need improvement. Some were more than 2 days old for sure (I used to work in a bakery, I know what freshness is), chef, prepare less but on a daily basis... You will attract more people if pastries are coming from the oven. People talk, that's the best form of publicity. You want to attract more people ? have an employee in the lobby with hot samples of hot chocolate croissants and sticky buns! Instead of eating out, customers will turn around and head for the 2nd floor.
Thank you so much for the early check inn!!! I understand it's not always feasible but I really appreciate it!!!

Room Tip: At a walking distance to every thing!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I couldn't fault this hotel. Tasteful decor. Good, attentive service. Comfortable beds. Spotless. Reasonable prices (except a breakfast which was a bit pricey)
However, having stayed here a few times...it tends to get a bit noisy because of all the young crowd in town for baseball games, Skydome events, concerts, etc...All part of being located in the "Entertaimnment District", I guess.... When did North Americans (I am one) abandon quiet and decorum when staying in hotels?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HGITDMarkKochhar, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our property and apologize for the noise issues you experienced from other guests. We do our best to ensure our guests are respectful of each others' peace and we will share your concerns with our security team as we continue to strive for this goal. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in town so we may show you the improved comfort you expect and deserve.

Mark Kochhar
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed last week for one night, in order to be close to a business meeting. Check-in was simple and easy, the only downside being that the woman who checked me in had no idea where the brewpub I planned to go to for dinner was located. Very friendly, and personable however.

My room was spacious and clean, and overlooked Peter St. from up on the 16th floor. No street noise to speak of, but I did get the morning sun, and the blackout drapes prevented that from waking me up nicely! Internet worked well. The bathroom was clean and spacious as noted in some other reviews.

Great location, as it is between King and Queen Streets, so on a quieter street, but conveniently close to many restaurants, theaters, the Rodgers Centre and other nightlife. I took a walk around several blocks, and couldn't begin to count all the restaurants I passed. It is also quite close to downtown (as the name implies, so a very easy to walk to many office buildings as well).

I had a snack in the bar/restaurant, and breakfast there as well. The salad I had for my snack (pear with goat cheese) was nicely presented, fresh, and flavorful. The omelet, fruit, etc. at breakfast was also good, and they had a good assortment of items on the buffet. Friendly waitstaff, though they were a bit slow bringing the check at breakfast. Otherwise, very good experience!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great location for downtown Toronto. The hotel is very clean, and the staff is super polite and friendly. You can walk to the Rogers Center and Air Canada Center from here. Was there on business and the free wireless internet access is great, no problems there. Very close to all of the downtown attractions, so no need to drive or take a cab. The trolley goes right by as well which is convenient. Only issue we had was valet parking, there were no spots left for the hotel valet, but plenty of parking next door and across the street.

Room Tip: higher floors are good, less noise.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked a wheelchair accessible room due to a broken leg. When we first got there we were told that the valet parking was full and that we would have to park behind the hotel. My husband drove to the back and it was an outdoor lot that costs $40 for the night and we would have to move the car by 12pm the next day! We were staying for two nights and since I am currently in a wheelchair this was not acceptable. I called the front desk and explained the situation and she then again told me that the valet was full. I told her that I would cancel if that would be the case because I have the wheelchair and a lot of stuff to carry all the way to the front of the hotel. She then said that there was room in the underground for me and to pull up to the front. Check in was smooth. We had trouble getting into the room because there was a big slab of some type of stone in the entrance way so my husband had to tilt back my chair in order to get the chair through. We struggled to hold the door open and once inside had the same issue coming in and out of the bathroom! Room was not designed well for wheelchairs being an accessible room! Later that night there was a lot of noise and partying going on in the other rooms and in the hallway! This hotel is located in between two night clubs, one being right next door! This is apparently where the party goers like to get drunk before and party after they come back from the clubs! We had a terrible time sleeping both nights and had to call security twice because they were partying until 5am (unacceptable for a hotel to let this go on). This hotel is not built up to the Hilton standards and I do not recommend anyone to stay here unless you like to party or listen to a bunch of young adults party until the wee hours of the morning!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here April 25th for one night as we were flying from Toronto Island. The staff was fantastic! We had a very nice dinner at their restaurant also. Our room rate included breakfast and it was just what we needed for our early flight. Our valet gave us easy directions to get to the airport (lots of construction going on). The room was very spacious as was the bathroom. I suggestion, ease back on the bleach for the bedding. I found the smell very overwhelming where I actually got a headache. Yes, I am sure I could have called down and they would have been more than happy to change at least the pillow cases for me, but it was 11:00 pm and I thought I would be ok. This would be a great location if you are going to The Rogers Centre.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple