Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Templar Hotel(Toronto)
1,634 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stfront desk staffminute walkpool and hot tubblue jaystoronto downtownbars and restaurantsclean hotelqueen street
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is situated in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto. It is close enough to the Rogers Centre, Union Station and the ACC but tucked behind the super busy streets.

It is a 5-10 minute walk from St. Andrew station. There is lots of places to eat and drink around this hotel so if you are on a budget for time and money and need something quick to eat, there's tons of options. There are a lot of nightclubs in the area but the door is secured after 11 and the rooms were very quiet.

The lobby was small in size but warm and nicely decorated. There is a small store to buy drinks, candy, toiletries and frozen dinners. The man at the front desk was very friendly and quick at checking us in.

The room was a good size, and fit 3 people comfortably. The bathroom was beautiful with a large walk in shower with glass doors. The room also came equipped with a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge.

I am excited to stay here in a few weeks for another concert. Also, the cookies at the front desk are to die for!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mvdk
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stay here all the time when I travel to Toronto for work (about 1-2x monthly). There's never a problem with my reservation, they are always nice, and the room is clean and comfy. The only problem I have is with the weird sleep number beds, which I feel like always deflate! :) They do have rooms wi

Room Tip: They have bathtubs or fancy showers (with extra jets) in some rooms - if that's your thing, ask for one!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Service- Poor. When we made the reservation over the phone, we were put on hold 3 times and had to wait 30 min to make the reservation. After we were told that the reservation had been made, someone from the hotel called us back 20 minutes later asking us if we wanted to make a reservation. After telling them we already had, they said sorry and hung up. Then, 30 minutes later, the manager of the hotel called us back asking us if we wanted to make a reservation AGAIN. How is it that Hilton staff didn't know by then that we had a reservation?

Upon our arrival, it took us 25 minutes to check-in. There was a large bus of people that had just arrived at the same time as us. I understand that this happens, but there was no direction from the staff on where to stand in line. The lobby is shaped awkwardly, so this resulted in everyone standing in different places, unsure of where we were supposed to be.

Part of the frustration with our check-in, was that there were 4 computers at the front desk, and each one had a staff member on it. However, only two of these people were actually checking people in. When we finally got to the desk, the attendant didn't even apologize for the wait or anything.

There was nothing terribly bad about the service, just little things that if I am paying $300 a night for a room, I expect to be said "hello" to when I walk by the front desk instead of being ignored.

We were using gift cards that we earned from a previous negative stay at another Hilton. We received confirmation the night before we left that the gift cards had been processed. However, when we received our final bill, only one gift cards had been processed. If we had not checked the final bill, I would have never known this. When we went to the front desk to try to correct the situation, the attendant tried to tell us that we were wrong even though our bill clearly stated that the other gift card had not been processed. It took around 5 minutes of arguing with her before the situation was rectified.

Value- Poor. Had we not been using gift cards, we would not come back as it is too expensive for the services that you receive. There are plenty of other hotels in the city that are less expensive and have better rooms/service. Also, I felt that the parking fee of $40 per night is rather excessive.

Sleep Quality- Average. The pillows were absolutely terrible, no support at all. The mattress was very hard. However, when we were checking out I noticed a sign behind the front table (almost hidden) that said that the mattresses were adjustable and that you could change the firmness of the mattress. I don't know if this is true, but it would have been nice if someone had told us that or if there was a sign in the room somewhere saying that.

Cleanliness- Very good. Very clean.

Location- Very good. Walking distance from all the major points downtown Toronto. I assume that most of the price of the hotel is based on its location rather than its service or rooms.

Rooms- Average. Nothing exciting. We stayed in a whirlpool suite. The whirlpool tub was definitely a plus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGITDMarkKochhar, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Zak,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service you received around your recent stay with us. We strive to provide the best guest service possible to all of our guests before during and after their stay and we understand your frustration. We will use your experience as part of our ongoing training to provide the quality hospitality our guests deserve. We are glad to have met your needs for accommodations and that you were able to enjoy the whirlpool in room. We welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to make and if we may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and stay you deserve from our brand should you return to the area in the future.

Mark Kochhar
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days for a business visit. I have stayed in other hotels in Toronto and this one was very good. I had a room on the 16th floor which was quiet and very comfortable.
Lots of pubs/clubs and restaurants within walking distance. CNTower also within walking distance.
The area doesn't look that great and there is a lot of building work going on but all in all a good hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose one on the top floor if possible..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arriving to find parking near impossible. Location to party all hours is perfect but for sleep...you will never sleep in this establishment and the management will not help. After calls at 1am and 3am, management sent a very ineffective gentlemen to ask the room next door to quiet down. He was met with loud vulgarity as it was a birthday party and no one was stopping the celebration. Seems more words were said and some people left but loud words continued; angry that he had to stop his celebration. Come morning, my conversation with the manager was met with a free breakfast and "I will handle this" when I gave him my invoice. I drove back to MI in a clouded fog due to no sleep. Long story short, I disputed the credit card charges which he said he would handle, he lied to Visa and I had to pay anyway. Stay somewhere else. There is a nightclub nearby as well that is loud and there are other places in this great city to stay.

Room Tip: I don't know if it is feasible to find a quiet room in this hotel. There is a night club across the street and they do quite a good business.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Babs,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor night's rest you received at our property. We know how important this is while traveling and apologize noise from near by nightlife and neighboring guests prevented your sleep. While our security guards do regular checks of the property, we appreciate you bringing situations such as this to our attention so we can work to address them to ensure the comfort of all of our guests. We are sorry about the miscommunication about your invoice and we welcome you to contact our office directly if you would like to discuss it further. Again we apologize for the unpleasant experience and hope to have another chance to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Mark Kochhar