“Nice Rooms at the Hilton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #34 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Halifax, Canada
“Nice Rooms at the Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my wife and two kids (17 & 19) for an extended weekend of Blue Jays baseball. The hotel is in a good location for downtown activities and only 0.5k from the Rogers Center. My wife had arranged for early checkin (as opposed to regular checkin at 3pm) prior to us arriving as we were going to be in Toronto mid morning but we were told our room was not ready. We did not get to checkin until 3pm. They did store our luggage for us until then.

The hotel is very nice, staff were friendly. The rooms were large enough to accomodate the 4 of us comfortably. The room had a microwave and fridge which was very convenient. The beds were very comfortable. Everything was clean. Our only complaint was the noise from the street and bar (The Tryst) next to the hotel. My wife is a light sleeper and the noise from the bar crowd kept her up quite late.

We had breakfast included with our stay. The food (once we got it) was very good. I have an allergy and requested an omelet without this particular food item but it came with it. Good thing I noticed!

All in all and very nice hotel just don't expect the 'extra' services (ie: early checkin) that they say are available. Because it was clean, the location was great, and the beds very comfortable, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not facing Peter Street or the bar on the south side. Very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Overbord

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed a Sunday night through Hotwire. There's a Shoppers Drug Mart and Tim Horton's at the corner. Didn't need parking, but there was a surface lot across the street if onsite valet was too pricy. Much construction in the area. Saw the divey bar next door, but on a Sun night - no problem.

Check-in was prompt. Our room had the 2 beds as requested. Good sized room for being a newer property. Convenient having the microwave, coffeemaker and bar fridge in a small cupboard area near the bathroom. Comfortable beds with white bedding, standard room decor and finishes. Good bathroom.

Taxis waiting for business out front in the morning. Didn't get a chance to see pool/fitness. Enjoyed the evening fresh cookies at the front desk. Great price; would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked into this hotel for 20 nights, as part of a business trip to Toronto. It is well located within walking distance of the places I needed to visit.

However, the hotel was expensive, and I was dip pointed that despite the cost per night, my room was only serviced about 50% of the time. Half the time I would return to find the bed still unmade, and even on days when the bed was made, the toiletries and coffee had not been replenished.

On one evening I ordered room service, just an evening meal and a single glass of wine. A delivery charge AND a gratuity charge were added to my bill, and when the meal was delivered, the woman stood looking at me, presumably expecting a THIRD supplementary charge to be given to her?

Overall, not an enjoyable stay, but one which left me feeling as though I was being held hostage and slowly robbed of my hard earned dollars.

There was no spa facility available. Oh, wait, apparently there was, but I was not made aware of this until the day before I left. There was no hotel breakfast either, unless you booked in for it and (once again) paid even more money for the privilege.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Darren R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during Grey Cup Week. Everything about it was great. The rooms were very clean, elevators were extremely quick, and the hotel was quiet (other than when a bunch of guys got kicked out for being too loud). The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Krystyna, (I think that was her name but I could be wrong) who helped us check in after an early flight, Joey, who gave us a lot of info about cabs to the airport, and Mark, for booking us a cab to the airport the early morning we left. The restaurant was a bit pricey but was worth it.

I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone. It is in the heart of downtown Toronto and everything is close by. I'll certainly be staying here again if I come back to Toronto.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The rooms were great unfortunately they gave us a hassle about our lack of credit cards our check out was slowed down due to a wait for them to check to see if we left the rooms ok gee many other hotels in Toronto can telll them I am a great guest

Mandurah, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

As a business traveller I focus on Hilton properties, this was my fist stay in this Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel has a great location amongst restaurants and entertaining choices. The rates are good for the location however make sure that your room does not face the night club next door as this will be noisy. The hotel is great for families and tourists, as a business traveller I will select a more quiet hotel next time.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not face the night club next door.
1 Thank Paul I
HGITDJessieWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions on our property. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient for your activities and our pricing in line with our value. Please accept our apology for the noise from nearby nightlife and know that we are looking into solutions to this noise via additional soundproofing of our windows. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should you return to the area in the not too distant future.

Nitanth Suryanarayan
Guelph
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Room was very clean and spacious. Had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker and a desk. Excellent location, walking distance to many attractions. Only one complaint, parking was $40 a night. We ended up driving around and parking at one of the street parking lots close by. Would definitely come back.

1 Thank vanley