1,694 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stfront desk staffminute walkpool and hot tubtoronto downtownblue jaysclean hotelqueen streetthe room was nice
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Well located hotel offering good value for money, not really luxurious as such though. Review based on a six night stay in October (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe).

Location:
Very good location with a lot of things to do within walking distance, whether you are looking for restaurants (check out restaurant row at King’s St or Gretzky’s place), bars (e.g. corner of Adelaide & John St) or sports (very short walk to Rogers Centre! ).

Room:
Received a whirlpool room at 17th floor which was very spacious, especially for a single traveller like me. I didn’t use the whirlpool but it was certainly an interesting sight, being located right next to the bed. Décor was quite traditional but not too old fashioned as such. Room was clean with no stains or signs or usage anywhere. Room had basic equipment, such as LCD TV and safe. Oh and there was a fireplace, too!

Only negative issue I can think of it was a bit surprising to hear so clearly truck etc noise from the street despite being on 17th floor, nothing really disturbing though. Otherwise the room was quiet, no noise from neighboring rooms.

Etc:
Breakfast was better than most comparable North American hotels I’ve been to, especially with the cook to order option offering e.g. pancakes.

Parking is quite expensive (only valet available) but I guess it’s worth the price to see your car taking an elevator trip :-)

Would I return there?
Yes I would, all in all it’s a good hotel in a good location

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HGITDJessieWallace, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear dadsasdasd,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed a quiet room, one of our more spacious rooms! I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto our team, especially your comments about our breakfast being better than most!

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were coming off the train from Vancouver after three days so we were looking forward to the tub and the fireplace. The tub was great and was huge but the "fireplace" was just a photo with lights that moved. We didn't expect a real wood fired fireplace, of course, but figured it would in the very least be propane. The check in staff were helpful as was the valet/bell guy. The Marquis restaurant staff however were rude. We showed up at 10 a.m. but they we already closed. They weren't open early in the week either.

Room Tip: We were on the 12 th floor facing East in 1201. Nice view of the CN tower, especially at night. He room was huge too as it had the fake fireplace and the tub.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goodwitch1965
HGITDJessieWallace, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Goodwitch1965,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like you had a long trip, and I'm glad you were able to unwind in one of our more spacious rooms. I apologize that our fireplace did not meet your expectations, but I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our front desk and valet staff. I will pass on your comments about the restaurant staff, as we are certainly always looking for ways to improve the service we give.

Thank you again for your time, and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago during TIFF. The location is perfect, within walking distance of almost everything you could need to get to. The staff had their hands full on the weekend with interesting characters but they were always extremely helpful with me and provided directions and recommendations as needed. The rooms are comfortable and mine was quiet. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We really enjoyed the hot items, and there were many to choose from. We didn’t use the pool so I can’t comment on that. All in all, it was a great hotel experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear missyjro,

Thank you for such a nice review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be helpful. We love hearing comments like yours! Thank you also for your kind words about our breakfast buffet. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to all of our team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and it was perfect for what I needed.
It was much cheaper than the other high-end hotels in the area but don't think you're getting an inferior hotel, because you're not.
It was clean, modern and the lobby service was great.
The only blot on my stay was the disorganised breakfast service. The room included a fully cooked breakfast (cooked to order), and a wide assortment of continental offerings. The breakfast staff seemed a little over-whelmed but the food was good when it finally arrived.
Rooms were very clean, spacious and also included a fridge/microwave/coffee making station which my other colleagues in the Hyatt didn't even have.
The gym and pool were a tad on the small side but they were clean and up to date. The hot tub was cold when I was there but that didn't matter to me.
There was a small concession stand in the foyer but there's a late night Shoppers Drug Mart a few doors down.
Located just a few steps from the vibrant self-proclaimed "restaurant row" on King St, this is the place to stay for business or vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DodsYYC
HGITDJessieWallace, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear trip_AJD,

Thank you for such a nice review! It's always so nice to read when our guests would return to our hotel. It's also really nice to read that you found our hotel to be of great value. Hilton Garden Inn hotels are 'hidden gems' when you look closely at amenities offered, inclusions (such as complimentary wifi), and you compare our rates to that of hotels that don't offer what we offer. It's great to see that you noticed this!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I visited the Hilton Garden Inn for two evenings while attending a convention in the last weekend of August. We arrived about 9AM intent on just parking our car and going straight to the convention hall but were pleasantly surprised to note that our room was already ready, and was defeathered (as requested when initially booking) The front desk clerk was very polite and even helped with walking directions to the convention centre. We were on the 16th floor facing the parking lot (this was requested as I'd read on Trip Advisor it is quieter) and had no issues with noise at all.

The only things I would like to point out were we were not offered assistance with our bags; being a makeup artist I usually bring my kit with me (a large Zuca roller) as well as my bag with my clothing and we had a couple items on hangars too. The valet was helpful in getting us a cart though. The pool area was okay but the hot tub needed a bit of a clean. The pool was warm and relaxing after a long day on our feet.

The breakfast was great although seemed a little unorganized the servers were polite and attentive, even encouraging us to take an extra piece of fruit or a granola bar and offering us a paper bag to put it in. Great to bring with us while we were out all day! The beds were comfortable, the room service was GREAT (try the french onion soup) and they even called us about 10 minutes after delivering everything to make sure we were satisfied. Great service!

I am already planning a repeat trip here next August as it is pretty central to everything we needed to get to; for tourists it is also in about ten minutes walking distance from the Rogers Centre for baseball and the CN Tower, as well as Steamwhistle Brewery and the Eaton Centre. It's not as easy to get a cab here, but have the front desk call and one will be right there. If you don't want breakfast in the hotel there is a Cora's about two blocks down, but warning, the line to get in starts early!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot; it is quieter, and the higher the floor the less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear stephasauras,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive, yet helpful review! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here despite a few small kinks that should have been ironed out. While we do not have bellmen, our Valet attendants are always willing to assist guests to their room with their bags, so I will be sure to pass your experience to them - and hopefully on your next stay they will be ready and eager to help you upstairs.
Thank you also for your words about the breakfast, I will be sure to share this with our new Food & Beverage Manager, as we work to improve the efficiency of our breakfast service. The grab'n'go bags are certainly a guest favourite, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage.

Thank you again for your time, I hope to welcome you back soon.