1,695 results
All reviewspeter streetentertainment districtcn towergreat locationrogers centrevalet parkingwalking distancesecond cityking stfront desk staffminute walkpool and hot tubtoronto downtownblue jaysclean hotelqueen streetthe room was nice
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel is very new and clean and rooms are much larger then the typical downtown hotel. The room was great and had an awesome view of downtown Toronto. There's noise but that's what to expect at any hotel in a major city. Parking was VERY expensive and I parked at a city lot off site. The restuarant has a great breakfast with a lot of options. Location is not too far of a walk from major attractions but the area right around the hotel is mostly offices. If you're staying downtown and don't need the car this is a good option, but for someone who needs to drive around the expense of parking and needing to get the car from a valet can be a hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to cut back on the noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mwav3
hgitdgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear mwav3,
Thank you so much for posting your review here. It's great to see that you enjoyed yourself whilst you were here. Keep us in mind next time you visit Toronto!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our check in at this hotel took over an hour on a Saturday afternoon. There were not enough seats in the lobby for the number of guests who were waiting for assistance and it was so crowded there was little sense of one's place in the "line". I clocked two of the groups in front of me at 22 and 16 minutes respectively - who has this kind of time to register for a hotel stay? My own prepaid super easy CC in hand check in also took an unreal 12 minutes. I don't typically times check ins but there wasn't much else to do. It was too crowded to chat with my travel companion about anything of actual interest. As expected no apology for the squishy wait. It's downtown Toronto after all, location will always trump customer service. Room was clean and nice, breakfast was great. I'm sure my timing was a fluke but I'm also sure the front office staff's lack of concern was typical.

Room Tip: Views are nice, get a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear NiagaraBurtons,
Thank you so much for posting your comments here - we appreciate all feedback. The time it took for you - and others - to check in is certainly not "the norm" and without knowing the exact date and time of your check in, I am unable to determine the cause of the delay - but certainly do apologise for the inconvenience that caused. It does sseem that you enjoyed the rest of your stay so I am glad to read that!
Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I surprised my husband with what I thought would be a relaxing get-away at a lovely downtown Toronto hotel. Sadly, the only thing that "got away" was a good night's sleep.

The good: The hotel itself is very nice - front desk staff were pleasant and efficient. Our room (jacuzzi room with fireplace) was very clean and we found the bed to be very comfortable. Free wi-fi was a nice touch.

The not so good: Oddly, the jacuzzi kept turning on by itself when it was empty - we had to call down after midnight to the front desk, where they somehow turned it off remotely. (As another reviewer mentioned, the fridge is also quite loud.)

The awful: The hotel is surrounded by clubs, which means: loud music, loud talking/shouting as people wait in line to get into the clubs, constant beeping of car horns as people are dropped off/picked up, and finally - RIDICULOUSLY LOUD drunk people stumbling into the street in droves when the clubs close at 3:00am. It was so loud, we had to check to see if our window was actually open (it wasn't). We were very disappointed that the windows were not well insulated against this onslaught of sound. I would expect that a hotel in a club district - especially a hotel with the "Hilton" name - would make every effort to soundproof rooms and protect its guests from this noise. In total, we managed about 3 hours of sleep - definitely not the relaxing "get-away" I had planned. (Note:This was on a SUNDAY night, when one would assume the clubs would not be an issue.)

So - while the hotel itself is quite nice, we will not return, and I would not recommend it unless you are an unusually heavy sleeper.

Disappointing.

Room Tip: Club district - far too noisy to sleep if facing Peter Street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank teagran

Dear teagran
Thankyou so much for posting your review here. I know some companies may state, "We appreciate all feedback" - and maybe don't mean it, but I certainly do. There are many people who, when reading that the "hotel is located in the middle of the entertainment district" don't necessarily realise that means there will be more noise than hotels located in other areas of the city. It is unfortunate that we do not have fully soundproof windows and I am sorry that your stay did not turn out to be quite the relaxing getaway you had planned.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

So went to this hotel from feb. 18-19. When we got there, parked at the valet to take out car. But they said they were full. And they advise to use private outdoor parking. Which was in the back lot. We didn't want to park outdoors. So we used another hotels indoor parking for 22 bucks. And we were able to leave by 12 the next day. Valet at Hilton was 35. then check in was good. All of our request was attended. And offered breakfast for 10 dollars each. We get the room. It's very nice. Room is a good size. And very clean. All the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nice because It was made fresh. You order your eggs and they make it. Not pre-cooked. Which was good. The location of the hotel is perfect. Restaurants, theatres, nightclubs. I would definitely return. Overall it was a great experience. Except for the parking situation.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank jczar

Dear jczar,
Thank you for posting your views here. Unfortunately, due to location, we do not have sufficient parking for all guests and offer the 2 closest lots to the hotel (directly behind and directly in front of the hotel) as an option. I am glad you found alternative parking to your liking - I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want your car outside on a cold Toronto night!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay and weer able to take full advantage of the breakfast!
Please come back and visit us again soon!
Sally Ifill.GM

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed on a wag jag jaunt deal and upgraded to a jacuzzi room. We arrived an hour early and the room wasn't available but we were able to leave our bags and have the car parked no problem. The room was lovely, fireplace jacuzzi king sized bed. All very clean, there was a couple of hairs in the tub but everything else was spotless. The bed had a control to change firmness which was neat- overall could have been softer but no complaints.

I would recommend staying on a floor higher than 10, I am a light sleeper and woke up at 230-330 AM after the bars let out and there was a lot of noise below!

They had set up late checkout for us which was great, very nice to lounge until 1. Only other thing to note would be that the jacuzzi jets randomly turned on a couple of times but it was never when we were sleeping so not a big deal.

Overall a positive stay, staff were courteous & friendly and would comeback again.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Jenny932,
Another satisfied customer on a "jaunt"! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Come back and visit us again soon!