“Good Pad Thai in Modern Atmosphere”
Review of Diner's Thai - CLOSED

Diner's Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: East End
Neighborhood: East End
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good Pad Thai in Modern Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had the Lemon Grass Soup which was perfectly spicy (not too much) and the Pad Thai which was seasoned well. The Pad Thai could have been slightly less sticky but the flavors compensated. My friends thoroughly enjoyed their hot and spicy soup, a lamb dish, and others. The wine list was reasonably priced.
The restaurant is in a vibrant area of town with many restaurant choices and Diners Thai stands out with its clean architectural lines and light. An enjoyable evening.

• Visited November 2012

“Knowledgable server, tasty meal”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went in for dinner during a saturday day trip. I am vegan by choice, ultra-allergic to eggs anyway by nature, and have learned to be wary of Asian cuisine, as vegan-ness and egg use varies greatly from one place to the next. The server was very helpful, and helped steer me toward vegan dishes that were full of flavor. I had no problem with anything tasting too salty during this visit, but I will agree that the dishes (both mine and my dining companion's) were very sauce-heavy. Nice cool atmosphere, not ultra casual but very comfy and clean-looking. Bathrooms, as most in cities, include traversing down and up steps, so bear in mind if you or members of your party have physical limitations.

Toronto, Canada
“Food tends to be a little too salty.”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love this place, but the food is always a little too salty. Sometimes even inedible. I usually order the mango salad which is always delicious, and the cashew chicken. Good prices but I've stopped going because of the saltiness. I go to Mong Kut Thai (spelling?) nearby and prefer it over the Diner's Thai. I'm also surprised by how freezing cold it can be in the restaurant and how empty it always is! There's only ever been one waitress in when I go to eat there and it leaves me thinking it's not very popular. It's not great, but it's not horrible. I guess it depends on which item you order!

• Visited March 2012
“It's not bad. I've had WAY better. Stay away from shrimp anything, its always overcooked.”
Reviewed January 2, 2009