“Very Good, Creative”

Neighborhood: East End
Cross street: Boulton
Transit: Queen Street East street car
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a good spot for a very nice meal chosen from a creative menu. Our CEO was aware of this place and made a reservation for our party of three. We arrived by taxi as the location was just a little out of downtown proper on Queen St. East in Leslieville. It was in a row of retro store fronts and, quite frankly, the exterior was simple and did not give the impression commensurate with the quality of the restaurant. But the interior was cozy, warm and very nicely done. We were seated right away and our server, Mary, was very personable and helpful. She provided very good service all evening. I had the potato soup to start which was very good. My colleagues had the Winter Salad which they both enjoyed. For my entrée, I had the tagliatelle and my colleagues had the steak and the fish. We were unanimous that our entrees were very good. The prices were in line with expectations for a place like this. Overall, this is a good spot for a nice meal in a comfortable ambiance.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went here to treat a Montreal friend who believes Toronto has no class and nothing special. It just about knocked his socks off that Monday night, people could bring their own bottle and drink from it with no corkage fee -- talk about a Toronto stereotype-buster! What you save on booze, you make up for with food if you get the prix fixe, a good deal, and the way it should be--restaurants should not have to rely on booze sales to make the margins they need; it encourages over-selling of booze, which is not a good thing, especially when many people drive home. All the cooking is fine and original, but I'd advise to eat light at lunch so you can try the toffee desert without any angst re calories. Setting is really nice, and old expose lumber is really attractive. Staff are friendly, fun and know their stuff.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Table 17 is located in Leslieville, it is a very cozy restaurant, the server's are very friendly, welcoming. Had dinner on Saturday night with my family & can say we left very happy. The Cod, Duck & Steak were all very yummy as well as the wine. If you are in the hood drop in you will enjoy...

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went here to give a talk over dinner. Wasn't expecting greatness. Got a very pleasant surprise. Appetizer = cauliflower puree, divine. So good. Main = Pork shoulder. Super good. Dessert = cheese plate. Had a goat cheese and a cheddar, I'm guessing that they got from the Leslieville Cheese Shop. Both were top notch. Service was great (but we were a big group). Recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I live in Leslieville and we have a lot of amazing choices for restaurants these days. I had only been to Table 17 for brunch (several times) and it's one of my favourite brunches. Everything is just that much better than other restaurants. I finally had dinner there with friends and it was outstanding! Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. The tartare was fabulous as was the polenta (and the flourless chocolate cake!). My husband's beef was perfect. The only negative was that I think our friend said his Venison was a tad salty.